Chapter eleven: Ties greater than blood

It's been six days since Cale and the others got back from their little outing. Cale got sick for two days after getting back due to his weak constitution but regained his strength back after full days of rest.

The red dragon followed Cale and continued to observe him everywhere and anywhere he went. No one had noticed the red dragon silently watching Cale. The said dragon took note of some things about the redhead human. He was beautiful, kind, sweet and smart. He was also strong and seemed to be hiding his full strength. The redhead has a lot of people he cares about and others reciprocate his feelings. The Count favored and treasured Cale Henituse, as he always spoiled him and spent a lot of time with him when he found an opportunity. The father gave love and attention to his other children but with the red head, anyone could tell he treated him specially.

The red dragon remembered what the green dragon told him years after he hatched.

There was this red haired person I met before named Cale Henituse who was too kind and seems to care a lot towards others. Even though he was a human being, he saved the two of you from the hands of some bastards who wanted to covet the power of dragons and warned me about the future. He wasn't afraid of me despite me using the dragon fear.

The red dragon has affirmed that the Cale Henituse his Grandpa Olienne told him about was the same as the red head he was observing. He was relieved they were the same but there was something that bothers him, "He's supposed to be an adult, but he is a child here."

He'll ask him once he gets a chance to talk to Cale.

Now, Cale was preparing to depart and attend a celebration banquet hosted by the Viscount of Ubarr along with his father and brother, Basen. Countess Violan couldn't come since Lily got sick. Cale will be accompanied by both Ron and Vicross as they were trusted by the family to look after his son's safety.

After loading all the things they needed, Violan saw them off and they departed. There was not much distance from the Henituse and the Ubarr territories. They got there after half a day of travel. They were welcomed by the Ubarr Viscount.

Hours passed after they arrived, the banquet started. There were a lot of nobles with their children at the party. The nobles greeted and congratulated the Viscount and later the adults gathered and talked about business affairs and their children were also gathered in groups. Cale and Basen were with Amiru, Eric, and Gilbert.

"Cale, it's been a while since we last met!" Eric said.

"Yes, hyung-nim, it's been a while," Cale answered while sipping his tea.

"This must be the first time you've interacted with my younger brother, his name is Basen," Cale continued as he introduced his brother.

"Yes, we are aware you have a new brother. Nice to know you, Young Master Basen. I am Eric," he responded. Basen, who was hiding behind Cale, nodded.

"Nice to meet you, Young Master Basen. I am Amiru," she followed.

"I am Gilbert, nice to meet you," he said shortly.

Basen, who was still shy behind Cale, got gently pushed in front to introduce himself properly. He looked at Cale and the redhead just smiled and nodded.

"I-I am Basen. Nice to meet you, Young Master Eric, Gilbert and Young Lady Amiru," Basen shyly replied. The three children just smiled at the bashful Basen.

Quiet laughs and whispers could be heard around them.

"Young Master? He doesn't even share the same blood!" some noble kid whispered but still could be heard by the group.