Chapter fifty four: Connecting the dots

Choi Han fell asleep that night and he dreamt of some event that happened in the past. It was the time when he hadn't regressed and was still suffering from his despair. He was tired yet he pursued the enemy in hopes he could end all of their evil acts. The death of his second family drove him into seeking revenge. He dreamt of hurting the old Cale Henituse, he remembered how bloodied his hands were when he had beaten him up.

Choi Han never once regretted his actions back then. He believed the redhead deserved it. Years passed, the kingdom was devastated from war and attacks of the organization. All the deaths of the people and his soldiers made him sink down to his despair even more. There, he met the redhead he once beat up.

Cale enlisted as a soldier that time. Choi Han saw the once pompous and arrogant noble now become a man filled with despair as well. That one fateful day, the war in the Rowoon Kingdom took his only family and Cale inherited the title of his father. Even then, Cale decided to join the army. Choi Han didn't know why, was it for revenge or on a whim. Choi Han was still mad at the redhead who insulted his precious family.

Later on, Choi Han managed to get to know Cale better. They didn't converse that much but Choi Han was good at observing his surroundings. He saw how the supposed to be trashy redhead cared for his people. Although Cale wasn't as strong as him, he had at least the wits in battle.

The memories locked inside Choi Han's head suddenly opened like a treasure chest. It was a memory after he killed off the White Star. He remembered Cale putting him to sleep. He didn't know how much time passed that time. He still remembered the words Cale spoke to him while he was asleep.

Cale's voice changed and it sounded like a teenager's voice. He kept telling him his adventures while Choi Han was asleep. He told him how amazing the world would be if it wasn't ruined. How the world would actually look if people were still alive. He also told him how much he regretted not reaching out to his family. How much he regretted not being able to express what he truly wanted to say and do.

Cale also apologized to him in his sleep. Even though he insulted the people of Harris Village, he told him how he wanted to befriend Choi Han. the black-haired hero then wondered how much the redhead had seen. The two would've been friends if they met in different circumstances. Now, Choi Han wondered who Cale lost this time as well.

Ugh, I am already old yet I still acted like a child, Choi Han thought. I should've listened to him first. Experiencing everything for the second time around hurt me, I guess I haven't really improved since we regressed.

He couldn't remain dumb and stubborn Choi Han like he was before. Their lives were at stake so he needed his wits that got developed through the war during his first timeline. He couldn't stay mad at Cale Henituse seeing how much he had changed.

The Cale Henituse he once knew was completely different. It was like his personality took a 360° turn.

Is this the real him? The him before he decided to become trash? Choi Han thought. He'll just ask him next time.

Now that his mind was clear, everything that happened made sense. Seeing how Cale had the graces of the dragons meant he also probably saved the black dragon who was supposed to die from his hands.

In addition, there were no deaths from the Plaza Terror Incident due to the involvement of several dragons then the cooperation of the Whale Tribe. Cale was certainly on good terms with them as well. Right now, Choi Han wondered how long Cale has been preparing for this.

Somehow, Choi Han was in a good mood. Though Cale and him were on bad terms during their first timeline, there's no harm in getting to know him more in this life. The redhead was certainly strong but his defenses were so ... poor. He didn't know why, was it confidence? Or does he not care? Choi Han didn't know.