Chapter seven: Whale Tribe

Cale had successfully obtained the [Energy of the Heart] and now, he was standing on one of the cliffs at the Ubarr Territory where the [Sound of the Wind] was located. He looked at the sea filled with whirlpools and couldn't help but to shudder at the sight. He felt that he will die if he fell in that whirlpools, luckily he had his ancient powers with him. He carefully examined the location and when he found a good spot where he could enter, he went to the town and looked for an inn to rest. 

After landing himself a good inn, he went out and strolled around the town. The night life in Ubarr Territory was different from their territory. Since their place was near the sea, there were a lot of seafood delicacies. He bought some grilled squid and chicken skewers to fill his grumbling stomach. He has been running around he hadn't notice that he haven't ate. After feeling full, he went back to the inn and took a rest.

The next day, he just stayed inside his room as people might recognized him if he went out. He plan on getting the [Sound of the Wind] at night. He just laid there and eat from time to time, but most of the time he was asleep.

Night comes and Cale checked out of the inn, he then proceed to go where the [Sound of the Wind] was. The whirlpools were raging in the sea, and Cale felt scared at first then he calmed himself. He activated the shield to protect him and began to descend in the sea.

Good thing I have the shield, if not maybe I'll be ripped to pieces because of this whirlpools, he thought feeling grateful for his shield. Cale then found the boulder where the top was buried. He reached the seafloor and crouched down to dig out the top.

Why is it a sin to steal something that they sacrificed people to create? Especially when I was just going to return it to the people? You trash bastards! Why do bastards like you have such powers?!

Cale was startled when he heard the voice of the Ancient Power. He continued digging while he listened to the voice. He's good at listening after all. According to his notes, the previous owner was a thief yet she cared a lot for people dear to her. This power he was about to obtained could control the wind.

This stupid water! If my friend's light was here, it would burn it all!

Hmm, light? Is it another ancient power? he thought as he continued digging. Cale could hear the frustration and anger of the ancient power. After thinking, Cale realized he was running of time as he was about to reach his limit for the shield. He hurriedly took out the top. He took a step back and the boulder tilted on one side.

If it was a sin that I stole it, why do they claim to not be sinners when they lied to humans? This world is rotten! It's a rotten world where only the rich keep getting richer!

Well, the world has always been rotten. People with power will only use everything to keep things in their advantage, even if it meant sacrificing their people for their sake, Cale thought as he listened to the angry voice. In his notes, it was said that the power only needed one thing. It was liberation. Cale destroyed the top and the wind that poured out from the top started to surround him.

You have the power of recovery. Make sure not to get caught like I did. Be free.

Oh, this ancient power knew the owner of [Energy of the Heart]? Anyway, it is my plan not to reveal myself and make sure I will live freely, he thought as the wind started to surround his heart. He could feel his heart beating wildly.

Ugh, what is this? he said as he clutched his chest. Cale tried to calm his heart but the wind was still surging inside his heart. Then, the wind rushed towards his feet and formed a tattoo on his ankle. Now, he could see the whirlpool which was now silver in color gathering around his feet.