Chapter five: Blood doesn't make Family

Two weeks had passed since Deruth went back from his vacation and during those times he spent his time to his son whenever he was free. Cale, on the other hand, just went on on his life without a hitch. When Cale does not sleep with his father, he continued his nightly visit at the Royal Library. He visits the king too if he came early. And continued his conquest on nurturing his mind and finding information.

One midnight, Cale was still immersed from reading and didn't notice the time.

"The ghost is here again," Cale then heard a voice and turned his head towards the source. It was the same person as the one who called him a ghost first. Cale faced him which made the other child took a step back.

"I didn't mean to scare you, I will not harm you," Cale said, but the other child was still wary of him. Yes, that's right. Don't immediately trust strangers, Cale thought. Now that he could see the child clearly, the one standing in front of him has a blonde hair and blue eyes signifying the lineage of the Royal Family. Oh, he's a prince, he concluded.

"What are you doing here?" the prince asked. Cale didn't know which prince he was talking to. He stood, since it was rude to greet someone sitting.

"I am just reading here," Cale answered in a relaxed tone.

"Who gave you access here? In the middle of night no less!" Alver continued to question Cale.

"Everyone. Everyone just let me use this library at will." Cale replied.

"How am I sure you're telling the truth?" Alver squinted his eyes and asked. Cale showed him the Royal Permission he got from the king which made the blonde stare at him with wide eyes.

"The king gave this to me and he let me come here whenever and any time I want," Cale continued.

"Then, who are you?" Alver asked, still processing what the redhead said.

"Since you already found me, I guess I'll have to say my name but you have to promise me not to tell anyone you saw me here, not even to my father," he replied.

"I am Cale, how about you?" he continued and offer his dominant hand for a handshake.

"I am Alver," he replied and shook Cale's hand. He was surprised to meet the younger Alver, since he barely remembered the face of his past life's king, he didn't recognize this person.

"Oh, the first prince! Pardon my rudeness, your highness," Cale said.

"It's alright, since you already have the permission to use this place anyway," Alver replied and Cale smiled.

"Thank you. Ah, it's getting late. I need to go."

"Will you come back here again?"

"Yes, but I won't be coming back for a while. I'll see you next time, your Highness." Cale smiled and before Alver could respond he was gone.

The next morning, Cale was woken up by a hand tapping his body. He groaned, not wanting to get up. He stirred and curled himself inside his warm blanket.

"I still want to sleep more, wake me up again after three hours," he groggily said.

"But, Young Master, Lord Deruth is calling for you," Ron responded, Cale groaned again and reluctantly sat up and stretched.

"Good morning, Young Master," the butler greeted with his signature benign smile. Cale, whose eyes were half-closed, tried to get out of the bed but he tripped making him fall— or so he thought. He was caught by the old butler before his face meets the floor.

"Are you alright, Young Master?" Ron asked in worry and Cale just nodded his head.

He was so sleepy, his mind and body weren't fully awake. Ron handed him a cup of lemon tea and without second thoughts he drank it which immediately made his body and soul wake up. The old butler softly laughed at his Young Master's expression. Ron helped Cale wash and dress up.