Special Chapter 1: Death Anniversary

This special chapter happened some time in Chapter 6. 

* * *

It has been two years since Cale Henituse's birth mother died. Today was her death anniversary. Cale woke up but he doesn't have any energy and strength to get up. He just laid on his bed staring at the tester. The redhead couldn't forget the day of his mother's death. Even if he existed for over a millennia, he will never forget that fateful day which took his mother's life. A moment later, a knock was heard.

"Young Master, are you awake?" the voice of his old butler spoke. But Cale didn't respond, he curled inside his blanket and pretended to sleep.

Since the redhead didn't answer his call, Ron entered his room and he found Cale looking like a cocoon on his bed. He approached the lump on the bed and gently patted the body of the small child inside.

"Young Master Cale, I know you're awake," Ron whispered near his ear which made Cale shudder as if he was inside a horror movie. The redhead came out with a pouty face.

"It's morning, Young Master. Lord Deruth is asking for you to join them in breakfast," Ron informed Cale. The redhead reluctantly sat up and stretched his arms and legs as he yawned.

"Ron, I want to take a bath," Cale weakly said and Ron immediately prepared his bath. Once it was prepared, the redhead entered his bath and placed a lot of cherry pie flowers in his bathtub. He washed up first before soaking.

After washing up, he soaked in the water filled with cherry pie flowers. Twenty minutes later, once the fragrance seeped into his body, he came out. Ron was waiting for Cale to finish his bath. Cale has purple, star-shaped flowers resting on his head, shoulders and torso. The butler immediately dried him off and dressed him. Cale was wearing a long sleeved sailor outfit with black and white stripes. His shirt was a little oversized, it also had ruffles on the collar and ribbon at the center. His pants were two inches above his knees and paired with a black socks with suspenders to keep it up, and a heeled, black platform shoes to complete his outfit for the day. Then a maid tied his hair in a half-up braid and placed the jeweled small flowers in between his braids.

Ron escorted Cale to the dining area, the servants greeted the redhead as he walked there.

"Enjoy your meal, Young Master," Ron smiled benignly and opened the door for Cale.

"You too, Ron," Cale smiled and entered. His father and new mother greeted him with a smile.

"Good morning, dad, mother, Basen," Cale greeted and smiled but it looked forced. Deruth noticed this and immediately understood. He beckoned Cale to sit near him which the latter followed.

Cale was unusually quiet during breakfast, he just smiled, forcefully laughed, and nodded throughout their conversation. Both his parents noticed it and they looked at each other. Somehow, Violan understood Deruth's gaze and Cale unusual behavior today. Basen was still young and couldn't comprehend why his beloved hyung was unusually mellow today.

"Cale, meet me in my office later, okay?" Deruth said as he looked at his son. Cale just nodded as he put his food in his mouth.

Violan looked worriedly at her son and signaled Deruth and the latter just gave a look saying he got this.

After breakfast, Deruth and Violan went back to their offices while Basen went to his study. Cale, on the other hand, went to the greenhouse to tend the flowers and plants him and his mother nurtured. Ron, of course, was following behind Cale.

Cale entered and began cleaning the flowerbeds in the greenhouse. He cut the dead and excess parts. He personally plucked the weeds and gave all the flowers water. After doing that for almost two hours, Cale picked some peace lily plants and he put a red and white ribbon to keep it together.