Chapter thirty-seven: Awakened

Three years passed since Cale fell into a coma. The Henituse Territory changed all throughout the years. The security became tight and the quality of living became greater. The power and wealth in the hands of the Henituse were too great enough for the other nobles to keep them in check.

Deruth moved his office to the greenhouse beside Cale. He couldn't get any job done when he was too anxious about his son, he wanted to see him all the time. He was afraid his son would be taken from him. After the attack, it was revealed that the main goal was to take the red-haired child of Henituse safely to their base. It seemed that one of the people invited during the Coronation Banquet fancied his son enough to have him kidnapped. Still, they couldn't identify who the mastermind was.

Basen and Lily weren't any better. They always came directly to the greenhouse whenever their classes finished. When the youngest Henituse reached five years old, she requested to train her sword. She wanted to protect her loved one. The attack from three years ago was etched within her mind. The way her brother almost lost his life protecting them was something she couldn't forget. How could she? She might have pretended to be asleep that time but she remembered how breathtakingly strong her eldest brother was.

Basen also excelled with his studies. He might not have been gifted with the swords, his intellect made up for it. He was constantly praised by his instructors and peers for his insight and decisive decisions. He also showed calmness when it comes to dire situations, he was able to think fast and the solutions he suggested were all effective. Each day, month and year passed by, Basen and Lily picked up some of Cale's talents through their hard work and perseverance.

Both siblings were incredibly selective with their instructors, their reason was: they couldn't become competent if their instructor is incompetent. This became a hot topic among the aristocrats, saying the eccentric behavior of the first-born was being rubbed off on his brother and sister. Of course, no one in the Henituse knew about it.

The people around Cale became even more stronger. The redhead was still asleep and he showed slow physical growth. There was still no sign when he would wake up. Youna would occasionally visit the Wind Island to keep track of what Cale left behind him. The red dragon was relieved that everything Cale asked was going well. They did the investigations covertly, without letting any of his people be captured by the organization. They closely watched the actions of the organization and prevented most of the dangerous acts. Though they couldn't interfere with the talks of the nation's leader, they still ensured to plant some spies inside those places.

Choi Han continued teaching the crown prince of the Rowoon Kingdom, Alver Crossman. The black-haired hero heard about what happened to his redhead friend and he felt disappointment towards himself. He hasn't seen Cale ever since the attack. He wasn't allowed to visit him. He felt anger towards those people who attacked his valuable friend.

He continued training his sword techniques and he knew for sure he was way stronger compared to before. Every night since Cale was confirmed to have fallen into a coma, he kept dreaming of some events he wasn't familiar with. He didn't pay any attention to the dreams he had since he immediately forgets them once he woke up.

Once every week, Choi Han would go to Harris Village. He would train his sword inside the Forest of Darkness, since there were plenty of stronger monsters inside. Some monsters were difficult to deal with but he still managed. This just led him to know his current limit. He just wished he could spar with someone stronger.

Alver Crossman was also making progress with his sword. This made Choi Han proud of his student. When Choi Han first came into this world, he didn't think of meeting new people much more than having to teach someone. He was grateful to the help of Cale who brought him out from the Forest of Darkness. He gave him opportunities to help him grow not just as a person but also as a swordsman. Choi Han knew he was a swordmaster even before he came out of the forest, Cale told him to keep it a secret as there were people who would want to take advantage of him. The redhead had taught him the commonality in this world. That was why he was thankful to him.