Chapter eighteen: Dragons and their selfish desires

Cale woke up in his chambers in the Henituse Estate and saw his father beside him while working on some papers. He dreaded the fact that he caused another trouble once again. Since he was aware of the state of his clone, he knew it vanished days before he came back. Deruth noticed that his son was awake and he immediately went to his side.

"Cale, sleep more if you are tired or do you want to eat first?" Deruth asked while caressing Cale's hair.

"I am hungry, dad," Cale replied as he sat up. Deruth ordered Hans to get his food.

Deruth embraced his son who got skinny after he went missing for four days. He ordered Ron to investigate his son's case, which made a leeway for the butler to investigate the people Cale involved himself too. The old butler already knew that Cale went out on his own accord, but he didn't know he went and got acquainted with people from the Eastern Continent.

When the food arrived, Deruth helped his son eat and after that he fell asleep once again.

Cale was too tired from using his [Omnipotence]—that was the name of his gift. During the test in the Wind Island, he learned the name of his gift and its limit. The backlash of using his gift was a part of his soul energy that's why he was exhausted beyond his expectations.

Deruth stayed in his son's room the following days to directly monitor his son's condition.

Two days later, Ron found out and confirmed that the clothes Cale wore when he came back was from the Bud Family based in the Eastern Continent. Then, his findings were strengthened when a letter from the Mercenary Guild was sent to the County.

Ron handed the letter to Cale, who was eating his meal beside his father.

"This is from?" Cale asked while tilting his head as he checked the envelope and seal of the letter.

"It's from the Mercenary Guild, Young Master. It is addressed to you," Ron replied. Deruth raised one of his eyebrows after hearing the name.

"Why would they send my son a letter?" Deruth questioned with a disapproving tone.

"Ah, they must've been the one who helped me when I collapsed in Mount Leeb," Cale was the one who answered. Both adults were shocked. That mountain can only be found in the Eastern Continent.

So Young Master really did go there, Ron frowned. He wanted to click his tongue but remained composed. Instead, he gently touched his dagger hidden in his sleeve.

"What?! What did you do there?!" Deruth asked, his voice raised. Cale flinched from the sudden change of volume, seeing this, his father calmed down.

"I-I was playing with some scrolls I found in m-mom's room and I found myself in the cold mountain of Leeb," Cale made up an excuse. Deruth gasps.

"I didn't wear thick clothing so I passed out after feeling extremely cold," Cale looked down as he continued explaining. Though, he was formulating a somehow valid excuse with a mixture of lies and truth.

"They must've found me there and brought me to their place," Cale was making quick glances towards his father. He was observing his reactions.

"I didn't know how long I slept but as soon as I woke up, I immediately used the other scroll I had but I instantly got dizzy after using it and the next thing I saw was I was in my room," Cale finished his explanation, "I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize, we are just worried about you, son," Deruth replied.

"From now on, you are not allowed to play with the scrolls, alright? I will be confiscating all of them," he continued. Cale nodded his head and he felt his father's hand gently patting him.