Chapter 54

(Current time line)

"Where are the kids at?" Taehyung looked up at Jungkook when he asked that.

They are currently in Taehyung home packing lunch for the family picnic. The kids were already at the picnic spots with Yoongi and Jimin. Only Taehyung and Jungkook were left to bring lunch and other stuff. Jungkook very much appreciates a long time with Taehyung.

"they are already at the spot. Could you go to my room and bring a gift inside the cupboard? it Jimin birthday so I want to surprise him" Taehyung smiles
Jungkook nods and makes his way to Taehyung's room.

It was his first time stepping into Taehyung's room and when he does he can't help but to smile

It was his first time stepping into Taehyung's room and when he does he can't help but to smile. The whole was well decorated with Taehyung's favorite color. Jungkook always knew how much Taehyung loved capturing moments in photos so when he saw all the frames hanging beautifully in his room he felt warmth inside. He walked towards the cupboard on the far end of the room and opened it. He saw the neatly wrapped gift box in the top drawer.  he grabbed the gift towards him and something else fell with it.

It was a familiar file which Jungkook can easily recognize. and his heart threatened to stop when he realized that it was the divorce papers that had both his and taehyung signature on. Why did Taehyung have them? it possibly can't even what Jungkook was thinking can it? Was it just a copy of the documents?

Jungkook turns back to find Taehyung leaning against the door frame. Taehyung had a small smile on his face. Jungkook couldn't take his eyes off him. Taehyung slowly takes a step towards Jungkook, their eyes holding a familiar stare over each other. "T-taehyung this-" Jungkook couldn't make up his words.

"It took me a long time to make this decision so hopefully this time I don't regret it," Taehyung said looking at the papers in Jungkook's hands.

"You didn't file the papers? why?" Jungkook asked. He couldn't believe this was true.

Taehyung's looks towards Jungkook eyes "I couldn't do it. It is quite fun to me how all those years the only thing I wanted the most in my life was to go away from you.  to break the only bound that we had, to be free from your name that contacted me. It was the only thing I worked so hard to make happen.......but when it finally happened I couldn't take another step towards it".

"you know how annoying you are Jungkook? I couldn't stay with you but I couldn't let go of you either. it was hell painful to be in love with you so I guess I didn't want to go through another pain so I didn't want to break what we had left" Taehyung said with a cheeky smile.

But oh how should Jungkook tell Taehyung what he is feeling, what this news has done to him. He who thought he had the love of his life was still his, he was still married to his beautiful husband.

"aish why are you crying?" Taehyung asks, wiping the tears falling from Jungkook's eyes.

"i-I am so sorry," Jungkook whispers, letting go of the papers and embracing Taehyung with all his strength.