Chapter 33

(PAST TIMELINE)

Ji-eun worries while looking at the document set on her kitchen table. The document that Mrs. Jeon had left behind curtains an agreement between her and the woman. The proposal of marriage between her and Jungkook. Her heart was uncontrollably beating which scared her.

Even if she was in love with Jungkook she can't say the same for the other. Her heart was divided one part of her wanted to be selfish and have something that wasn't for her. But then the other part of her goes against her because no matter how much she convinces herself it is known that they will never be happy with each other.

Mrs. Jeon says it for Jungkook, she wants his happiness but Ji-Eun understands that Jungkook's happiness isn't with her. If she agrees to this marriage then it is sure to ruin both of their lives. Jungkook ever only loves Taehyung and she can never replace that place in Jungkook's life. She tried...many times to be something more to Jungkook than just a friend, even if they were pretending to date each she was true to her feelings. Jungkook might be putting up an act for Taehyung but she wasn't. She gently loved and cared for the man. She knows Jungkook did too, but it is not the same as her. For a moment she felt like they could be together but even that was broken when she saw Jungkook and Taehyung together. It was too much for her so she left but now that past is coming back to her.

But She can't just trust her words against Jungkook. Mrs. Jeon said Jungkook needs her, that he can't be left alone. But how can she believe those words when she knows Jungkook more? Ji-Eun groans with frustration her head hidden between her hands as they rest against the glass table. Just then the doorbell rings and her mind goes blank, she wasn't expecting anyone. She got up to open the door but seeing her brother in front of her doorstep she sighs in relief.

"You didn't tell me you had to return here," Jin says walking into his little sister's apartment.

She sighs at him going to bring some drinks. "If you weren't so busy overseas then I could have let you know," she says tossing a bottle of cold drink towards him.

"Someone has to work around here you know" Jin teases, laughing at his sister who was glaring at him.

"What's with your face? You only made that kind of face whenever that shithead was around" Jin says and she knows who he was talking about. "Nothing, '' she replies.

Jin places the bags of food he brought for his sister on the kitchen table and his eyes catch the document on the side. He looks back at Ji-eun and finds her busy doing whatever. He grabs the document and frowns when he reads it. "You got a second to explain why you have this?" Jin says the playful tone is long gone.

Ji-Eun turns towards her brother

Ji-Eun turns towards her brother. Eyes wide and nervous. It was never met for him to see. She knows how much Jin dislikes Jungkook. Jin was never found with Jungkook in the first place or the Jeon family. In Jin's eyes, Jungkook was an irritating bart who lived off his parents' shadow. And when he saw his sister with him for the first time Jin was furious and hell broke down when he beat Jungkook. Jin didn't know Jungkook and her relationship was only an act for people but he was against it. When she came to him crying about that night Jin had made her promise never to come in front of Jungkookk again or else he would do worse than just beating Jungkook. So seeing the document Jin sure was to lose it again.