Chapter 24

(past timeline)

*please enjoy this short chapter! Any questions are more than happy to answer*

"Sir I have sent in the meeting details and the upcoming project dates which are fixed for 2 months before day" Jungkook sighs at the lady in front of him.

Jungkook wasn't in the mood to hear about yesterday's meeting, especially not 20 minutes before his fight back to his hometown. After the unexpected meeting with Ji-Eun Jungkook wasn't in the right mind to face anyone. He had a lot of things keeping him up at night.

Even though Ji-Eun was named the face of the upcoming products by Mr. Hun, Jungkook still got the last saying. He still had to approve and sign her. He had another 2 months but Jungkook remained restless even now. He doesn't know why everything felt wrong and rushed.

"Soya is not another word I want to hear, please! If you have anything just leave it on my desk! I have a flight to catch so don't disturb me for another week." Jungkook growls slamming the file onto his desk and walks out.

"Why do I have to put up with this!" She wants to scream, bang her head, anything but she can't.

After hours of long flight Jungkook arrives at his hometown of Busan and his mood automatically becomes shallow. With each familiar ally he passes by the harder it becomes for him. He swallows a lump of breath when the memory of someone crosses his mind.

"Sir are you alright?" The driver looked back at Jungkook who was holding his chest and breathing heavily.

"Yes," he replied shortly. He closed his eyes to calm his rushing heart. the image of the boy with a boxy smile takes over, the deep dark orbit, everything about Taehyung was stuck in his head.

That image of Taehyung has the corner of his lips twisted upward, his body relaxed, and his heart calm. But the peace is stolen when the car jerks forward which causes Jungkook's body to hit the front seat. Jungkook hissed at the contract of his chest hitting hard. His eyes show anger looking at his driver "what the fuck!" he shouts.

"Sorry sir but there is a baby!" The driver calls back just as surprised as Jungkook when their eyes land on the tiny toddler on the ground.

Jungkook steps out of the vehicle bewildered seeing the toddler playing in the middle of the road. He walks towards the child and squats beside him. He can't see the face of the child, only the small back. Jungkook looks around to see if anyone was around but finds no one.

"What is someone like you doing here?" he questioned himself but the toddler probably heard him as the baby turned towards him.

Jungkook's heart stopped seeing how beautiful and adorable the child was. The toddler had to stop whatever he was doing and stare at Jungkook with his big doe eyes and pouting lips. Jungkook tilted his head to the side which the toddler copied, tilling his tiny head to the side causing Jungkook to chuckle.

Jungkook grinned at the toddler who almost fell on his back trying to stand. Jungkook supported the toddler back and helped him up. "Aren't cute" He coos at the child.