Chapter 23

(past timeline)

(This scene is from the same day when Jungkook rejects Taehyung and breaks his friends)

Sorry it bit long

"Eomma kookie have a friend" the scream of the little boy filled the cold hall of the jeon homes. Mrs. Jeon looked over at her son who was running towards her with a bright smile filled with laughter.

Mr. Jeon joined the mother and son on the couch with his legs crossed and smiling seeing his son full of laughter "My kookie have what?" he asked, taking his son in his arms.

"Kookie made a friend appa! Tae said he was gonna be my best friend! I will have someone to play with as other kids do '' little Jungkook clapped his hands together, his eyes growing big and lips turning into the most beautiful smile that filled his father's heart with joy.

"Woah! My kookie made a friend! What is his name kookie?" he excitedly said, clapping along with the giggling boy.

Mr. Jeon's heart filled with joy that his son was able to find, happy that there was someone out there that cared for his son and wanted to be his friend. His heart was broken many times when his son would cry because no other kids wanted to be around him. Because of what they heard about his son he was left out of the happiness of childhood. So he is thrilled that someone was kind to his son.

"TaeTae he is my best friend! TaeTae said he will play with kookie, and share his toys and candy with me. Appa do you know something" The boy looked up at his father who played among and shook his head no.

"TaeTae said kookie is also his first best friend and he wants kookie to stay with him. We're gonna go play at his home tomorrow, he has so many pretty dolls" the innocent boy said, jumping on his father's lap.

"My kookie is gonna have so much fun now. Now kookie won't play with appa" Mr. Jeon teased with a crying face.

"Jungkook, go to your room, you have Mrs. Jun coming for your class" Mrs. Jeon's harsh voice echos the living room.

Mr. Jeon frowns at his wife's tone, he looks back at his son whose excitement dies down from his mother's voice "kookie how about you go and sleep, you have a lot of fun things to do with your new friend right? You need rest so you can play a lot" Hearing his father's words Jungkook nods and runs towards his room laughing.

"What was that about? Didn't you hear that Kookie made a friend?" He smiles at his wife but she responds with an annoyed face and crosses her arms over her chest.

"And what am I supposed to do about it? Rejoices the fact that out of all the kids he would befriend the choice weird kid Taehyung. Do you know what others think of that kid? He plays with dolls, he acts like a girl and-"

"Let me stop you there," Mr. Jeon says pointing at his wife "I said our son finally has a friend! This is what we wanted! For our son not to be looked down on and be treated equally like the rest of the kids. For him to have a normal childhood and now when he has a chance to have that childhood why are you suddenly against it? That boy can be our child's hope for happiness-"

"I don't care! My child is not gonna be around a freak! You have no idea what people speak of that kid and whose son he belongs to. His father is no other then-"

"As I told you, Ryen, that boy made my son smile, giving me the chance to see the happiness in my son's eyes. Even if it was for a second my son felt good about himself because of his friend. I don't care who he belongs to, what others speak of but trust me when I say this" Mr. Jeon walks closer to his wife and stares into her eyes with a warning.