Chapter 15

(current timeline)

"Here" Ji-Eun walks into the bedroom and places the fresh juice on the table. Jungkook was facing towards the mirror fixing his tie as he got ready for work. She watches her husband in silence for a moment before walking to the walk-in clothes and bringing a Jungkook coat.

Jungkook comes to sit by the bed and puts on his shoes

Jungkook comes to sit by the bed and puts on his shoes. He had a little grumpy face and was not talking to his wife. After the little stunt, she and his son pulled he wasn't very happy.

"Wear this" she comes with a black blazer in her hand. He doesn't speak but still takes the blazer in his hands.

Ji-Eun knows her husband is upset but she didn't back down from her decision. There was a moment of silence as the two only sat and stared opposite each other. "Why are you so upset?" she begins finally glancing at Jungkook.

"I don't want to talk about it" he continued to ignore it.

"Is it because I made you speak to Tae-"

"I said I don't want to talk about it! Just leave it" Jungkook was on his feet and was about to walk out.

"You know you didn't have to talk to him?" she said, making Jungkook glued to his place.

"I know what I said but it's not like I would have done anything even if you didn't call him. One more year wouldn't have changed much" she points out. Ji-Eun indeed wanted Taehyung there but she never expected Jungkook to talk to him.

"What are you trying to say?" He looks back at his wife.

"Let me ask you something?" Ji-Eun said and Jungkook waited for her to speak. She comes closer to him, her hands going up to fix Jungkook's collar like always.

"Why do you hate him so much?" The question surprised Jungkook but he had no answer.

"You and I both know we have been unfair to him. Don't you think we have hurt him enough?." she said, playing with the shirt. Jungkook stays still. He knows it's true.

"He's been alone for too long, Jungkook," she whispered, her voice lowered. And something in her eyes says guilt. "Why? Because he loves you. He only ever wanted you to be everything but now he has nothing" she looks away.

"Even back then Taehyung was the only one that was hurting. That man has been selfless because he loves you. He even backed down so you could be happy with me....he never asked anything" she said.

Jungkook remembers that very day. The day was the first time something in him broke. That day when Taehyung stepped away from the very house he called his home. There was no tear in his eyes when he placed Ji-Eun's hand on his, but Jungkook could see what was hiding behind that smile.