Chapter 14

(current timeline)

A sudden breeze hits the soft skin of Taehyung. Taehyung, who was seated on a Bench outside of his home, hadn't noticed how long he was outside. His hands were cold and his face was covered in redness. He sighs not knowing when tears were falling from his eyes.

He looks at the seaside view with eyes glittering when the sun gets near the blue horizon

He looks at the seaside view with eyes glittering when the sun gets near the blue horizon. His body itches from his long stay so he gets up from the swing and turns only to meet with the screams of his children.

"Papa!" Yu-Na runs into the house and straight to find her papa. "In the garden!" Taehyung yells back and in moments he hears the running footsteps coming for him.

"Papa!" Yu-Na jumps onto Taehyung's arm when he caught her. It has always been like that, wherever Yu-Na went always from him she could come running in his arms.

"How many times have I told you not to run? You get hurt baby" he scolds while tightly embracing her.

"For my papa, no pain is big enough" she teased while kissing his cheeks.

"If your melodrama is over can I greet my papa now?" YeonJun comes behind and grabs Yu-na by her collar and pulls her away from Taehyung.

"Papa" he whines but YeonJun ignores her and falls into Taehyung's arms. "Missed me, Papa?" He teased him too.

"I always do too," Taehyung replied, which caused YeonJun to smile. Breaking the hug Taehyung looked behind them expecting a certain someone to walk in but like always no one was behind.

YeonJun noticed the disappointment in Taehyung's face so he said "Appa had an important meeting so he had to leave in a hurry papa" he tried to cheer him up.

Taehyung didn't reply to that and only smiled "you guys must be hungry. Let me go prepared food, you go change" they both nodded and rushed to their rooms.

Taehyung makes his way to the kitchen when the phone rings which was placed on the counter. He went to pick up the line not knowing that Yeonjun was on the other call. "Hello" Taehyung answered and YeonJun listened.

"Taehyung" Ji-Eun's voice could be heard on the other side. "Hey" he replies.

"I almost forgot to inform you that tomorrow we are hosting a birthday party for Kai. so I called to let you know," she said excitedly.

"Ah yes I will let the kids know, they will be there-"

"No, The invitation is not just for the kids Taehyung." There was a pulse when Ji-Eun said that.

Taehyung, who didn't know what to say. All this year he had managed to keep himself away from everyone and no one had questioned it. Now he was being invited to be part of something and he doesn't know what to feel.