Chapter 30

(Past Timeline)

It has been a week since the two arrived at the village house and to their surprise, things had gone much smoother than the two had expected. There were no signs of trouble, or anyone getting hurt. But everything had peace, there was happiness that the two never had expected.

The doubts that Taehyung had about living with Jungkook surely seem to go away. He was much more comfortable, he felt safe here with Jungkook. The man always made sure Taehyung and Yeonjun lived freely, making sure they had everything needed. Jungkook had gone over and beyond his limit to keeping the two safe and hidden. Though Yoongi and Jimin would come to check on the two here and then, only the two knew they were.

For Jungkook it was like living his dream, he felt like he had finally gotten the life he never expected he would have. Not only was he living with the person he loved but also had the chance to be with his son too. He got to wake up to the beautiful family he wished he could call his. Having to hear their laughter, and see their smile every day felt magical. Their presence every day made the loneliness in his heart slowly disappear.

Even if there were still many unsaid words between Jungkook and taehyung there was no lying when it came to the sparkling tension between them. Living in such a tight space sure had its advantage, from the moments when their eyes would meet while walking out of their room or when they cooked for each other. Their long glaze may or may not be unintended. They accidentally found each other, or when their hands would touch it would cause a wave of emotion to erupt inside them. Taehyung would come out of his room and his heart would be captured by Jungkook who would be playing with their son, their small moments always brought smiles to him. He sometimes would forget how they ended up like that because it would be as if it was always them three living with each other. Like one happy family.

"Jungkook come here" Taehyung calls for Jungkook who was on the floor with Yeonjun on top of him.

Jungkook decided to ignore Taehyung's calls since he was playing with his son. Jungkook makes the toddler laugh with his funny faces and animal noises.

And Taehyung was calling Jungkook from the storage room. Taehyung was stuck between the large bookshelf and the ladder. He had climbed the ladder to bring down some old books placed on the top but as he stepped to climb back down his fear of height suddenly appeared.

"Jungkook!" Taehyung calls again this time a little louder but Jungkook was not ready to give up having fun with his son.

"In a minute Taehyung," he yells back, poking Yeonjun's tummy, and the child giggles.

"Jeon Jungkook now!" Jungkook's eyes widened with shock upon hearing Taehyung's tone. He never thought Taehyung could sound so scary.

Jungkook was on his feet within seconds and making his way into the storage room, his eyes wooden even more seeing Taehyung up so high.

"What are you doing up there?" he asked, worried about coming closer to Tahyung.

" Climbing Mount Everest wanna join me, idiot!" Taehyung said frustrated as he felt his grip losing on the ladders.

Jungkook heads to the side eyeing taehyung with his eyebrow raised and a smirk playing on his lips. "Is that so? Then have fun exploring" Jungkook teased turning away from Taehyung who panicked when Jungkook walked away.