Chapter 44

(Current Timeline)

Taehyung looks between the papers and the woman in front of him and frowns. Ji-Eun had a mixed reaction to her face. Taehyung without words held onto the papers.

But his eyes widen when releasing the writing words onto the paper. He stared back at Ji-Eun. "Why?" He dares to ask. YeonJun grabs onto the papers to read them for himself.

Ji-Eun let out a sad chuckle "because our journey was only until now" she sadly spoke. "Mine and His journey end now".

For some moment Taehyung didn't have words to speak. He didn't know what to say or feel. He crossed his arms and looked into her eyes "all sudden? Even when I am no longer a blockage into your marriage, you are gonna leave him?" He didn't understand.

She looks away for several seconds before sadly smiling "me and him were never supposed to be together. Even when we lived under the same roof for so many years, we always felt apart. His mother brought us together but never could be one." She says.

Taehyung didn't believe her. He shouldn't believe her. For the past 17 years, they have been together. A man and woman together for that long and she expected hun to believe her. "I don't know why you are telling me this. I have nothing to do with him. We are divorced. And if this is one of his tricks to have me back then it not gonna work. We are done-"

"It's not a trick but a truth," she said.

YeonJun looks between the two, he self still can't believe that everything was happening like this. Yu-na just stood far and listen to the two.

"True? You want me to believe that you two stayed together for 17 years but never be together? You have a son for sake!" He almost yelled. He didn't want to but it was the frustration that he had been keeping away.

"Kai isn't Jungkook's son" as the sentence left her lips her head lowered a bit

"Kai isn't Jungkook's son" as the sentence left her lips her head lowered a bit. There was an ugly feeling inside her.

The three eyes widen as they stare shockingly at Ji-Eun. "W-what?"

"Y-yes.....Kai isn't Jungkook's son. He was born from a who didn't even wanna acknowledge nor accept that he could get someone pregnant. His father left me a long time ago. But jungkook took us in....he took the role of a father who my son could never have if it wasn't for him" there was a hidden tear in her eyes but she holds it back.

Taehyung didn't want to believe those words....for all this year the truth he thought was reality was now soon becoming all lie again. It was like a wave of emotions hitting him all sudden.

"You may ask why we didn't tell you....because maybe that time if we did then you probably wouldn't believe us. And Jungkook didn't want me to be hurt by those for being a pregnant woman before marriage. Do you know how it was back then? A woman with a child and not a father was a skin that
You had to pay from death. Jungkook saved my life....and gave up his happiness" those last words were like a stab in her chest.