Becoming A Part Of Everything

When they arrived back at the mansion, their guests were already waiting for them, even Claire and Marcel had come back to the garden with Valentine, to eventually celebrate the freshly married couple and then all together go inside and have the prepared meal, the young pair didn't even know about yet, because Nathalie had taken care of planning, preparing and ordering all of it on her own.

She not even had told Gabriel about it until everything had been fully organised and only had to be delivered at the right date and time.

As they now entered the premises, the slightly grey haired woman, who despite that or maybe even because of that, still looked gorgeous, stood up from her seat and cleared her throat to gather everyone's attention, then announced:

"As our freshly wedded couple is finally here again, I would like to invite you all into the dining room for the wedding meal. But before we all go there, I want to ask for two more things, Hélène, Nicolas, come here please!"

They looked at each other with wide eyes, but quickly followed the former assistant's plea.

"Well, my precious, little girl, though you're not so little anymore", she sniffed and wiped a single tear from her left eye, "and Nicolas, you were such a cute little boy once too, I can't express, how happy I am for both of you today and since I found out, that you're going to have this little beauty over there", she pointed at her granddaughter. "Those two things, I want to ask from you, are, that you both say a few words to your guests and after that, I would love to see you dance. Don't give me that look, you 'both' went to that class and were taught the most common classic dances, so, a little waltz should be possible, right?"

Hélène took a deep breath and held out a hand to her husband, who instantly grabbed it and walked by her side to where Nathalie was standing and waiting for them.

Once she arrived at the spot, she hugged her mother tightly and kissed both her cheeks, then whispered something into her ear, that made her blush and shake her head. But the younger female insisted and turned around to face the small crowd of people, who were celebrating with them.

She took another deep breath, then tightened the grasp around Nick's hand and said with a loud clear voice:

"Thank you all for coming here and celebrating this special day with us, it really means a lot to Nicolas and me. And though I would like to spend this afternoon and evening with all of you, my wonderful and caring new husband has prepared a surprise for me or better for us, as he is about to take Valentine and me to a very special place for our honeymoon. But we will gladly take in that certainly delicious meal together with you all and I am sure, that at least Nick will have a couple of drinks with you.

For me, alcohol is further a no-go, as I am still nourishing my daughter and, what I surprised Nicolas with, when we left earlier", she now looked at the man and gave him a sign with her head, to which he gasped but agreed with a nod.

"Well", he had noticed, that his voice was husky and barely audible and cleared his throat, then tried again, "Leni's surprised me with a visit at a doctor's office, where I found out, that in about eight months, we're going to have another baby and this time, I was there at the very first examination!"

Hearing their guests now gasp and call out their congratulations, he bent down and kissed his new wife passionately, while very tenderly brushing his fingertips along her lower belly.

Hélène took the word again:

"As neither my mum, nor Marinette, because both had some issues with their pregnancies back then, had the chance, to dance at their wedding, I would like to invite them and their partners, to share our wedding dance tonight. So, dad, Adrien, if you would be so kind to bring your women to the dance floor, we can start this spectacle. And please hurry a little, I am starving!"