Part 41 - Only twelve weeks to go

Just as he had promised, Nathalie's ex husband had convinced his community and his church, that it had been all his fault back then.

They had struggled to believe him at first, until he told them, that Nathalie and her new spouse had neither called the police, nor the people from the institution, where he was living now. That they instead had let him speak, had been forgiving, had let him just walk out of there without doing him any harm.

He told them about the couple getting married in a real church, by a man of God, and that they were having a baby soon. At the very last he admitted to having been misled by Lucifer himself back then and that the doctors and nurses at the place, he was staying now, could keep the voices away from him.

Those last words, about the young man hearing voices that were telling him to do evil, convinced even the last doubter.

Just an older man with the name Sancoeur stood there and couldn't believe him. Maybe the child that his cursed wife had born into this world had them all under her spell just now. He needed to do something against that and he needed to do it fast. Maybe if they all saw, what she really was, they wouldn't shut him out of everything anymore.

At the Agreste mansion they were all finally relieved, that the house wasn't under the occupation of reporters and paparazzi anymore.

The released video clip of Nathalie's former spouse admitting to his mistakes, their marriage inside of the church, as well as the teenagers being able to step onto holy soil, had calmed the religious fanatics minds down.

The bodyguard had been released from the hospital only a day after the attack and though he had been told to rest for at least a week, he had immediately taken his place in the driver's seat to be ready for every occasion.

Gabriel had allowed it but had winked at him and told him, that at the end of the upcoming week, the winter vacations were about to start anyway, and that he would not be needed during those two weeks and that he had booked a hotel room for him for this time. The 'Gorilla' had made a couple of happy sounding noises, making the designer chuckle and return into the house.

Nathalie had been able to eventually calm down and had started to even enjoy not having to get up and sit at her desk, where the pain in her back would constantly be bothering her. Not always a bad pain, but never completely gone.

She of course hadn't told Gabriel about that, because if she did, he wouldn't let her come to her desk at all, to do at least a bit of her work. He just couldn't understand, that she really liked working and that she also felt guilty, if her husband and Marinette had to do everything on their own.

Especially the girl needed a lot more spare time, than she actually had left. But right now, when 'thee' Gabriel Agreste came into 'their' bedroom to bring her a cup of coffee and a (sadly) healthy breakfast, she could really imagine to stay in this bed with him forever.

Just as she would consider right now. It was the Saturday after Valentine's day, and Gabriel, who woke up early most of the time, had let her sleep in, as he did since that incident with the premature labour. Today though, he was rather early with waking her up and Nathalie was wondering, why.

"Good morning, my love. How did you sleep?", he blurted out enthusiastically.

The pregnant woman stretched and yawned soundly, before she was able to give him an answer.

"You know that I always sleep very well, when you are holding me", she responded with a similar cheerfulness, as his beaming smile was contagious somehow. "What has brought you into such a good mood?"

He bent down and kissed her passionately.

"You, my dear. And...", he carefully lifted her blanket up on one side and placed a kiss on his wife's baby bump, "our little girl, of course!"