Welcome home

Taking Colette, as well as their own children and Marion with them, would have turned out rather complicated for Adrien and Marinette, as they didn't have that much space in their car, but Édouard, who was going to leave around the very same time anyway, had said:

"Louis, why don't you and your girlfriend come with me and Clarisse? I'll drive past your place anyway, so.....!"

Yet Claire had different plans.

"Actually, Grandpa, I thought, I'll take the metro later. I would like to stay a little longer!"

The old doctor sighed, as he patted her shoulder.

"And what am I supposed to tell your father? He has fought with your mother over the custody for you for so long, if she hears about that...!"

"I'm eighteen, Grandpa! And I would love to spend more time at your place, but I need to get some fresh clothes and I have to go to school tomorrow, so, I would rather..."

Marcel interrupted her:

"I could drive you home later, you get your stuff and then you can come with me back to my place. It's close to University and your school!"

The grandfather agreed reluctantly.

"Fine! So it's just the three of us, if you'd like to, Louis, Marion, was it?"

The girl nodded with a shy smile.

Back at home, Emma quickly went to her room, to get some more sleep, while Colette and Hugo instantly vanished in the boy's room, to continue the video game, they had started at her place.

Louis and his pregnant girlfriend arrived a couple of minutes later.

"You and you!", Marinette pointed at the young couple, "come and sit. I think, we need to talk!"

"But mum, you said, you weren't mad!", Louis complained.

"I am not, Lou! I just thought, we should speak about a couple of things you will have to take care of. And I really would like to know, was it on purpose or....", the concerned mother questioned.

It was Marion, who responded:

"It wasn't on purpose, though we agreed, that we would be able to handle it, if it happened. And we really did use a condom every single time, just...."

She turned scarlet red as she stopped talking and looked to the floor.

Marinette though giggled.

"Relax, we had those struggles too back then! They tend to be a little slippery in some situations. We were lucky though, when it happened to us."

She patted the back of the girl's hand very softly.

Marion gulped, as she gazed at the older woman, who just now treated her kinder, than her own mother had ever done. Her eyes started to glisten and she quickly turned her face away, to wipe her tears off, before anybody would see them.

"Hey", the half Chinese now cooed, "there's no need to hide, that you're crying. Is there anything wrong, sweetie?"

"I think, I have an idea!", Louis said calmly and scooted closer to his girlfriend, laying an arm around her and pulling her to his shoulder, while he whispered:

"It's about your family, right? You aren't used to...."

"Someone acting like they would actually care. Like a...", she didn't speak any further and sniffled but Marinette understood in an instant.

"Like a mum, right? Oh honey, just come here! Over all those years we all had good and bad times, but you can be certain of one thing, nobody has ever felt unloved or neglected, when it comes to the love of parents and grandparents. Shut up, Adrien, I was talking about the time when we were already dating!", she stopped her husband from objecting, while she hinted her son to swap positions, to lay both her arms around the teenage girl. "So, whenever you miss the hug of a mother or a father, not only Adrien and myself will be there for you, but Gabriel and Nathalie will too! And it's a lot better for you and your baby, if you just let those emotions out instead of trying to hide them. Right, Minou?"