New Year's Special - Part 3

A/N: Another 5000+ words and this obviously will be an at least four parts special!

The moment he closed the door behind them, Hélène turned her back towards him and hugged herself with both arms, as if she was still cold. But Nicolas knew, that she was just feeling the awkwardness between them right now, as they indeed had never spent a night in one room, without one or even both of them being beyond drunk.

"I could get myself a bottle of vodka and get wasted, if that makes you feel better!", he cooed as he laid his chin onto her shoulder and placed his hands on her baby bump.

She giggled.

"Yeah, that would be easier for both of us, right?", she sighed once more on this endless day and relaxed into his embrace, "let's just try to get some sleep! I can ask the boys, if they have something for you to wear!"

Now he laughed.

"Oh come on, Agreste. You've seen me in my underwear more often than any other girl! And now, that you're having my child, you start to feel flustered?"

"I am very certain, that none of the other girls has seen you more than once in their lives, so....that's nothing special! But fine, you can sleep in you boxers as usual. And don't even suggest, that you could take them off, if I didn't like them. It's one of your oldest jokes!", she mocked him.

"Fine", the male gave in, "but I wouldn't mind to have you next to me in just your underpants!"

"Nick!", she shouted, but he quickly whispered:

"I did not mean it in a dirty way! I would just like to hold you and our daughter without any fabric in between. You can keep your bra, if it makes you feel better!"

"Yeah, right! Do you have the slightest idea, how much those", she pointed at her breasts, "hurt most of the time? I can't wait to get that thing off of me!"

"Sorry, I didn't know. I don't know anything about pregnant women, so please, even if it sounds weird or is common knowledge, just explain all the little, annoying things to me, yeah?", the young man mumbled into the crook of her neck, while he turned her to face him. "Don't give me that look, I want to make it easier for you and......actually, I....only can do this when I reach around you from the front!"

He turned deep red, as he admitted that and with a dexterous move of just one hand, he opened her bra.

This time she sighed in relief.

"Thank you! And now turn around, so I can get into anything that gives you enough room to place your hand underneath!"

"Yeah, I thought, you'd say that!"

He sounded disappointed. She just gave him that 'really' look and he gave in immediately.

"Fine, I'll just get out of my clothes in the meantime!", he whined and went into the bathroom.

When he returned, Hélène was already under her comforter. He hesitated, when he heard her say:

"Just come here and keep me warm, I am still freezing!"

As he quickly scooted under the duvet with her, he noticed, that she was only in her panties, her upper body only covered by her arms and the satin sheets, he was holding up. Instantly putting it back down, so she wouldn't even get colder, he laid an arm around her waist, his hand on her belly and his face nuzzled into her long, dark hair.

"I am warning you now, Nicolas! I just did what you asked for, because I found it utterly cute. If you try anything, I will cut your hands off. Or your....!"

"No, you won't. Because you've been acting all evening as you do, when you're stoned. I know that you secretly want me, but I will respect your wishes and won't start anything. I can't promise you though, that I am able to not do anything, if you come on to me. So..... let's just try to sleep, okay?"