Part 31 - Teenager's advice

Half of the night before the appointment at the doctor Gabriel was lying awake, worrying about the things, that could go wrong. He than also remembered the things, Nathalie had told about her doctor, and that he had suggested to get a second opinion to her situation, one that would be less painful.

He scoffed. He had been so stupid. If he had not tried to blame everything on the broken miraculous, he might have figured it out way sooner. Even that excuse of a man, who only tried to insult his own daughter with that, when he said, 'The only reason why a good woman is allowed to pass out, would be, if she was having a child, was closer than he had been.

And now he understood, why she had been laughing, when he suggested, to pay that doctor a visit himself. He gazed down at the woman, the 'naked' woman, in his arms and smiled lovingly.

He had tried to keep her from working for the last couple of days, but had soon given in, as he noticed, that she was much less crying, when she was doing her usual tasks, and even after she had finished her work, she was calmer and in a much better emotional state.

While he watched her, her back turned towards him, Gabriel counted every single scar, he could make out in the dim light.

Though he didn't want to, he also couldn't stop himself. He needed to know, how many times this 'psycho' had hit her. And he could only see those on the top. He didn't even know, how many times older wounds had broken open again from his ongoing beatings.

Nathalie had fallen asleep rather quickly, but because she felt Gabriel's restlessness and his fidgeting, she soon woke up but kept her eyes still shut, trying to figure out, what was wrong with him. She could feel his eyes on her, as well as his fingers moving the duvet to have a better sight at her back.

"What are you doing?", she asked him quietly.

The man, who was still focused on the numbers he was adding together in his head, winced.

"Why aren't you asleep?", he then questioned.

"Because you aren't either", Nathalie just replied, "what's wrong, why are you so nervous?"

Gabriel sighed and scooted closer to his loved one again, as she turned around, to face him.

Looking into his grey eyes, the young woman cupped his cheek with her right hand.

"Gabriel? Is something wrong? Just talk to me!", she demanded.

"Just go back to sleep. I'm just...I worry about...things...that will...probably never happen. I...it's...", he only said incoherent things.

"It's about the appointment, right? If you'd rather not come, I'll be capable to do this on my own, I..."

Gabriel cupped her face while he shook his head vigorously, then kissed her lips before he spoke:

"It's not about me not wanting to go. It's about....well....the things he...could say....I mean....I don't want to scare you....just....I'm fucking scared, as you called it, that something isn't right and 'I' should be the one, who tells 'you', that everything is good and there is no need to worry, but....

Adrien, he just turned 17....I wasn't so scared when Emilie was....but I was....well.....seventeen years younger back then and.... I'm so sorry for my rambling, Nathalie. I...I....can you just....knock me out or something?"

The pregnant female just kissed him again. Kissed him savagely, rolling him onto his back to get on top of him, their naked bodies connected skin on skin. She propped herself up on her hands, one on the left and one on the right of his face. For a moment their eyes met and they were staring at each other.