Part 8 - All the way

When Nathalie woke up, it was already dark outside. Though the rain had stopped, the sky was still full of clouds and not a single star could be seen. Gabriel noticed the assistant's movements and opened his eyes. He glared around, feeling disoriented for a moment, then he remembered where he was and who he was with.

"I can't see anything", Nathalie ranted anxiously. "And I really need to step out of here for a moment."

"Why is that, my dear? Don't tell me, you've already had enough skin on skin time with me?"

He couldn't see her face, but the sudden change in her breathing told him, that she was blushing.

"I-I-I, it's j-just.....I really need t-to...there is no bathroom....you know!"

"Oh, that's the problem. You don't have to be flustered for having human urges. I am pretty sure, there were even some napkins in our lunch bags. If we can find our backpacks, I guess."

She chuckled.

"I would already be happy, if I could find a way out of this cave and back in. I also have some paper towels in the pocket of my pants, which I also don't know where to find."

Gabriel had started to move his hands around him, feeling the ground into all directions, attempting to at least find the walls of the tiny cave. They both shuddered, when he accidentally touched something warm and soft, which he instantly recognized as one of her breasts.

"I...uhm....I'm so sorry, Nathalie. I didn't mean to....I was just....trying to....", he stammered, trying to explain his behaviour, when he all of a sudden felt a pair of soft, warm lips on his own.

Kissing her back at the very second, he pulled her on top of him and held her tight for a moment, while their lips moved tenderly, caressing each other, savouring the warm and tingly feeling inside their chests. But after a, for both very short period of time, Nathalie started shifting and Gabriel remembered, that she actually was on her way to pee.

So he let go of her and tried to make out any familiar thing in their surroundings, by scooting his hands over the ground, and finally he felt something soft. It was the first piece of their partly still wet clothes. But this discovery was what he had hoped for, as he remembered, where he had spread their belongings to dry. He told Nathalie and together they stepped outside of the cave, where both went into different directions, to empty their bladders. They both didn't dare, to go to far, as they had no idea, how to find their way back otherwise.

As they had eventually made it back onto the blanket, they both ate one of their sandwiches. They drank the water from one bottle only, to make sure, they had enough, until they would be able to see a little further than a few inches. They weren't afraid to run out of it for more than a couple of hours and die of thirst, but just in case, they left the water in Gabriel's bag untouched.

There was an awkward silence between them, as they were done with their late night meal. None of them knew what to say or what to talk about. The distant howling of a wolf broke that silence, as it seemed to frighten the usually so tough woman.

"Was th-that a w-wolf?" she wondered. Gabriel could hear the fear in her trembling voice and put an arm around her, to pull her closer.

"I think it was", he then replied. "But the howling was far away, there is no need to be scared. Not only because I would protect you, but also, because they normally avoid to get near humans except they are really hungry, and well, it's summer, they most certainly are not!"

Nathalie relaxed a little bit, but was still jumpy and reacted to every sound that she heard in the woods outside.

"Why don't we just try to go back to sleep", the designer then suggested. "Hopefully the time will pass quicker as we do and we will be on the way back to the hotel in the wink of an eye."