Part 59 - Routine

When Audrey left late that evening, they had everything planned out onto the smallest detail. Instead of Gabriel it would be Nathalie Agreste, who would become Audrey Bourgeois' associate. She had tried to talk herself out of that, but after even the Style Queen herself had told her, that this would be even better, showing the public, that there were no left over things between her and Gabriel, if his wife was taking over a whole magazine with her.

And for the woman, who hadn't done anything wrong in her actual position yet, as she this time had mainly published facts, which couldn't be proven to be discovered illegally, they had decided to promote her into a higher position, as long as they weren't able to fire her.

A position, many young women and men would have given their left arm for. But none of the present persons would have dared to work as Audrey's personal assistant. Assistant not only for the editorial part in the office, but also after work at her home.

As long as she was working for this magazine, she would in no case get another chance to publish anything at all.

The teenagers had at some point gone to Adrien's room all together and were discussing the matter there. Asking the questions, they didn't dare to pose in front of the adults.

They all agreed on not letting those rumours break them, no matter how badly they would make fun of them in school the next day.

Nathalie sighed, when everything was eventually calm and quiet again. Hélène had been crying most of the time and was still awake and in a bad mood. Now the young mother was sitting on the hem of the bed and tried to soothe her daughter a little bit. She was very close to just start to cry. Her nipples were dark red and burning like fire and at two small places really bleeding, her breasts were completely sore and had started to swell and her intimates still stung each time she went to the toilet.

Not to forget the annoying discharge that soaked one of the maternity pads through every three hours.

And she still felt as a failure. Not just because of her daughter still not getting satiated completely, but as well because she couldn't keep today's stress away from her.

Gabriel had just entered their bedroom too and noticed the desperate expression on his wife's face.

"My love, are you alright?", he asked as he sat down beside her.

Tears started to run down her cheeks the moment she heard his question.

He looked at her in shock, when she was sobbing violently just a moment later.

He quickly laid an arm around her and pulled her against his chest.

"I'm here, my love, just let it out. You don't have to be strong all the time, especially not in front of me!", he said very softly.

But Nathalie just shook her head vigorously, trying to talk, what made her cry even harder.

"Oh my dear, sweet Nathalie!", he whispered soothingly into her hair, in between a couple of kisses on the top of her head, "I know, it was all too much over the last three days. But please, my love, don't think, you can't show me how you feel. If you feel like crying, then just do it"

She finally could stammer a few sentences.

"I-I c-c-can't just d-do that. I n-n-need to take care of our d-d-daughter, Gabriel! I-I-I already f-feel like, I'm letting her down. I can't e-e-even get her tiny tummy to be f-full. It has b-been m-more than two days already. She w-will n-never f-f-forgive m-me!", Nathalie sobbed desperately.

"It's barely more than two days, Nath. Relax a little bit. You're only making it harder for yourself. Hélène may not get full yet, but though she's a little angry right now, she's strong and agile and if Audrey hadn't barged in the way she did, she wouldn't have been crying all the time. You are still doing the best job anyone could do. Just remember, if you're stressed, she'll get stressed too", Gabriel uttered calmly. He continued with a smirk: "Look at her, my darling! She even stopped crying and is looking at the funny things, her mum is doing right now. It's like she's trying to tell you too, that she has the best mummy in the world!"