Part 66 - Licking the chocolate ice cream

A/N: Seriously guys, no one recognizing the little sea monkey comparison in the last chapter from somewhere?

Gabriel didn't just go to the kitchen, to order some food, he also went to Adrien and Marinette to give them explicit instructions for their afternoon in the park.

Though both rolled their eyes, they could understand, where he was coming from. Not only the danger of them getting abducted, they had until now managed to keep every detail about Hélène from the public eye. And after selling all exclusive rights, to report about any of them, to the magazine, that Audrey Bourgeois owned together with his wife, including the condition, that only Alya Cesaire would be the one, they would talk to at all, they had kept most of the common tabloid reporters at distance.

Just a couple of paparazzi tried to get a few pictures taken, by luring in front of the iron gate, waiting for it to open and maybe get a short glimpse at one of the family members.

Alya was very thankful, that they had given her the opportunity and had so much trust in her. Of course, Marinette had had a big part on that decision.

"Father?", Adrien now began reluctantly.

"Yes, Adrien?"

"Are you alright? I mean, you seem to be a little, well.....I don't know, but....you are happy about those babies, yeah? I mean....", the teenager sighed.

"Yes, Adrien, I am very happy. I am just scared, that something could happen to Nathalie. It would have been so much better, if she had had more time to recover from everything. And then it's not just one baby, but two.... I am scared, that it's all going to be too much for her!"

"Tell her!", Marinette said. "When you are alone, just the two of you, while we're gone, just tell her. Maybe you can get through 'this' pregnancy without secrets!"

He smiled at the young woman lovingly and nodded.

"Yeah, you're right. We really should speak about things like that too. But I'll go back now. Would you like to eat something before you leave too?"

But now both teenagers shook their head.

"My dad would be devastated, if we wouldn't eat at least two portions of everything he serves. If we have already eaten before we arrive there, he'll think something is wrong and won't let it go for the rest of the day!", Marinette exclaimed overly dramatic and made them all laugh.

"Have you two been planning anything for your last summer break? Next year, you'll both be done with school and off for work or university, so you really should make the best of this year's!", Gabriel wondered.

"We've had a couple of ideas", Adrien said with a sad smile, "but Nathalie being pregnant makes the most of them impossible!"

Now the designer frowned.

"Why's that? Even if Nath is having another baby..."

"Another two babies!", Marinette corrected him quickly.

"Yeah, another two babies, you can still do the things you've planned!"

Adrien shook his head.

"No, we can't. Because we were planning on spending most of our time with the three of you, doing some fun things, a little travelling. I am very certain, that neither the white water rafting, nor the horse back riding, nor the travelling would be good for Nath, right?", he explained.

"I think it's really sweet, that you want to spend your time with us, but I am still wondering, why!", Gabriel questioned his eldest.

Adrien just shrugged.