Part 71 - What's wrong with you?

"You don't have to tell me twice!", Nathalie chuckled and Marinette soon joined her.

"Are you sure, that you're okay, Bugaboo? I never saw you eat so slowly before!", Adrien now asked her with again narrowed brows.

"I just don't feel like eating any of it, after spending more than half of the day, preparing all those things. Never had that problem before. When I prepared Christmas dinner with my dad, we barely gave my mum the chance, to get close to the turkey, before we were done. Maybe it's because I am still tired. But believe me, I will sneak into the kitchen at night and raid that fridge from the leftovers!", she answered giggling.

"If you say so!"

"What's that supposed to mean?", she now asked him snappily.

"Woah, relax! I was just concerned!", Adrien hissed, drawing Nathalie's attention.

"Would you like some chocolate again?", she asked teasingly.

"Ugh, please keep it far away from me. After making that ganache this morning for the macarons, I can't even smell it anymore!"Marinette groaned, making Adrien and Gabriel chuckle.

Nathalie though tilted her head and gave her an intense look. The teenage girl shrugged and turned her attention back at Hélène.

"Hey little Napkin, would 'you' like to eat a little more? Damn it, I called her napkin again. Sorry, sweetheart!", she cooed.

"Dammit!", Hélène repeated.

"Oh f......for heaven's sake. Stop repeating all the nasty words, Leni!"

"You wanted to say 'fuck', right?", Adrien whispered into her ear.

Marinette nodded laughing.

"Yeah, lucky me, that I could stop myself. You are by far too good at repeating words for your age, do you know that?"

"Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh!", the little girl cried and raised both her arms above her head.

They were all laughing right now.

"Honey, would you and Adrien be so kind and go get the dessert? I have a little surprise for you all and as Marinette feels a little 'sick' of being in the kitchen, I would like to give her a break for the rest of the day. You'll know, when you see it!"

Gabriel immediately got to his feet and softly kissed his wife's lips.

"As you wish my queen!", he said playfully and turned to his son, saying, "come let's go, the women want to talk behind our backs, so we pretend to not know, why they sent us away!"

He winked at Adrien, who just chuckled and kissed Marinette's cheek.

"Don't tell her all the nasty little things, I did to you last night!", he whispered into her ear before he left, making her face blush scarlet red in the blink of an eye.

"So?", Nathalie just questioned as soon as the men had left the room.

"Mhm?", Marinette hummed innocently.

"Oh please, stop acting and tell me the truth. Are you.....?"

She sighed deeply, as she saw the girl look to the ground.

"You forgot to get your injection, right?", she questioned.

But now the teenager lifted her head with a stubborn expression and looked her straight in the eye, when she said:

"I didn't get it on purpose!"

Nathalie inhaled sharply, her eyes widened.

"So you really are...? How far along....? Oh for fuck's sake, I knew you would cave in if he made the puppy eyes!"