Eventually happy!

"Adrien, let me hold her for a moment, you look as if you were about to pass out. Come, sit!", Nathalie whispered as she carefully took the newborn out of his arms and nudged him towards the chair next to Gabriel's bed.

The designer had been brought into a private room after waking up and his oldest son had made his way here, to be with his parents and find some comfort as long as he was still waiting for his wife to come back from the surgery, she had been rushed into.

"N-Nath, I-I can't l-loose Marinette! I n-n-need her!". he sobbed and buried his face in his hands.

Gabriel cleared his throat, then said with his still weak voice:

"Adrien, come here!"

The younger man immediately obeyed and sat down at the edge of his father's hospital bed.

The older man took his hand into his own and squeezed it as tight as he could.

"You won't loose her!", he soothed, "neither will you loose me so soon. We're here with you, son!"

Adrien sniffled, then leaned his head against his father's shoulder.

"Thank you, dad, but I'm still scared. We haven't even found a name for our new daughter yet. Have you seen her?", he then asked, seeing the weakened man shake his head barely noticeable.

"She's wide awake, have a look, grandpa!", Nathalie now cooed and placed the newborn girl in her husband's arms.

Gabriel smiled, as he looked down at his new granddaughter.

"She's just as pretty as Emma was! But she has Marinette's hair instead of yours! A real beauty! Good thing, they could remove that thing in my heart, so I can see them all grow up hopefully!"

He then turned his attention to the baby:

"Hello little beauty! Why don't you just call her something, that describes her beauty? Like Belle? Or Jolene? Tell your wife, as soon as she's awake, I am sure, she's gonna love it!"

Tears were brimming Adrien's eyes, as he stared at his daughter and nodded.

"Yeah, that sounds good! Thanks father! But I think, I will go and wait for Marinette to be brought into her room now! We have to be there, when she wakes up!"

Gabriel nodded, but Nathalie said:

"I'll go with you! You still look as if you were on the edge of just fainting! We don't want anything to happen to your child now, right, Adrien?"

"Thanks, mum!", the exhausted man hummed. It didn't happen often, that he called her mum instead of Nath, but right now, he needed his mother a lot and was thankful, that she was there with him.

The caring woman patted his cheek, then took the newborn from her husband and kissed him softly.

"I'll be right back, honey!", she whispered and gestured Adrien to lead the way.

As soon as they arrived at the hospital room, the midwife had shown him, they could see two nurses pushing the bed with Marinette inside, telling him, that the doctor was on his way, to give him all necessary information.

"Nath, can you stay for a moment longer, please?", Adrien begged and the older woman agreed instantaneously.

It wasn't his son, but Édouard himself, who walked into the room a moment later.

"Adrien, Nathalie! How are you feeling? Don't look so sad, she's going to be fine. It was just a larger blood vessel, which has been ruptured while the placenta was being delivered. Those things happen and though she lost quite an amount of blood, she will soon recover! Let me see the little one! Hello gorgeous! It's about time, you get some one on one time with your mummy, right? Come, Mrs Agreste, I want to see your husband! How's he doing?", he babbled, making the concerned man and his stepmother grin.