Valentine

A/N: Well, let's see, where this is going to take us!

It was the evening before Valentine's day and they were once more gathered at the mansion, to celebrate the twins' nineteenth birthday.

Hélène, now in the thirty second week of her pregnancy, was still living, together with Nicolas, in her room, which had already been her nursery. The young man had offered her, to move in with him into his little apartment near the university, they both went to, but she had declined. Then he had suggested, they could move in with his mother, as the most rooms in his family's home were empty and covered in dust anyways and she had declined again.

Even when Nathalie had had the idea, that they could just have more than just one room, like, for example, the two rooms on the right from the stairways, which had once been Adrien's and hers and were after some changes over the last twenty years, now connected through the smaller bathroom, that had once belonged to Nathalie's room. There was still a small shower and a sink inside, just the toilet had been removed, to make room for the second door. They had a construction team take care of this, while they were on a short vacation with Hélène and the not even six months old twins, shortly, before Louis was born.

The main reason had been, that Louis could have his own room, yet still was kinda in the same room as his parents, so they would be able to hear him in the nights.

But Hélène just insisted on staying in her old room. Marinette, who had been the one person, she had always been more open towards, was knocking on the young woman's door, calling:

"It's me, Leni, can I come in? I have been so busy over those last weeks, that we haven't had much time to chat, like we did, when you were still living here and we could talk about almost everything. And I want to say hi to your baby eventually!"

"Nette! Of course, come in!"

Marinette gently opened the door and peaked through the gap, just making sure, they were dressed, then stepped inside.

"Hey Napkin! How are you doing?", the woman asked, narrowing her brows, when she saw, how slowly and with how much effort, the girl, who was still a teenager, stood up from her sofa. She even took the hand, Nick held out to her, something, she would usually reject to not appear weak in front of Marinette!

"I'm good! But I missed spending time with you! You've known about me, being pregnant for eight weeks already and haven't felt her kick once! You only tried, when there were like ten people at once, placing their hands on my belly!", the pregnant woman ranted.

"I know, Leni and I am very sorry. But you know, that January and February are the worst in this business. And still, we managed each year, to celebrate your brothers' birthdays and Valentine's day. The year Marcel and Maurice were born, we dressed you up as little cupid the next day, when we went to see them for the first time! I am sure, you have seen the pictures of this day! But, back to the present day, I am through with all my preparations and Chloe has the show in a tight grasp, so I have some time and thought, I really wanted and needed to spend it with you!"

Marinette finally hugged the girl, feeling her cry into the crook of her neck.

She rubbed her back with an understanding smile, while nudging her back to her seat on the white sofa.

"Is that still Adrien's old couch?", the older woman asked, to what Hélène nodded and stopped sobbing, to grin at her friend.

"I know, it's totally stupid, but as long, as Adrien's room looked the same, after you had moved out, it still felt, as if you were coming back one day. But when mum and dad moved the twins' stuff in there, so that Michelle could have the room, closer to their bedroom, it felt to me, as if I would loose something important and asked, if I could keep the sofa. And here it still is!", she explained.