Part 49 - That isn't, how I imagined this

A/N sorry if there are any mistakes, I had no time to check before heading to work

"Gabriel, would you please calm down? Everything is gonna be fine!", Nathalie raised her voice, trying to keep him from freaking out.

Since she had told him, that her water just broke, he was a mess.

After he had brought her those flowers and kissed her, she felt one of those stronger growing pains in the small of her back again and being used to endure pain throughout her life, she just shut her eyes and breathed it away.

What Gabriel didn't know yet, and she had no idea how to tell him, without turning him into a nervous wreck, was that those few drops in her panties hadn't been urin, but obviously amniotic fluid.

She was sure about that, because she felt gushes of it flowing into her already soaked underwear and pants every few minutes. And now she eventually identified those little back pains as contractions and the constant urge to defecate wasn't the stool, but her baby she felt pushing downwards.

The contractions were irregular still and the pain was bearable, so she didn't worry too much yet. But she knew he would.

When she opened her eyes after breathing through the pain, Gabriel stared at her. He looked petrified.

With a tender smile Nathalie cupped his cheek with one hand, the other was still supporting her to sit, and turned his face so she could kiss him.

He barely reciprocated that kiss.

Gabriel was close to a panic attack.

"N-Nathalie, what's g-going on? J-just tell me, I-I promise I-I try t-to stay c-c-calm!"

"Well, Honey, I would say", the young woman, who was just about to give birth, began to explain, "our daughter will either celebrate her birthday the day before you or together with you, because...well....I would like to say, my...water just broke, but it... uhm...somehow...still is...breaking, so....yeah..."

She looked at his face very carefully, watched him get white as snow in an instant.

"Gabriel talk to me please!"

He got to his feet, one hand covering his mouth, the other clenched into a fist, around the hem of his shirt.

Brushing his palm over his face, he walked back and forth, muttering to himself.

"Gabriel, would you please calm down? Everything is gonna be fine!", Nathalie raised her voice, trying to keep him from freaking out.

He winced and looked at her, realizing what he was just doing, and hurried back to her side, crumbling down on his knees, he grasped both of Nathalie's hands.

The caring, petrified husband still was a little bit beside himself, though he tried his best to focus on his wife.

"A-a-are you alright, my l-love? I'm so sorry, I-I-I was....you are...the fuck, Gabriel, get it together!", he scolded himself.

That made Nathalie giggle.

The anxious and nervous man looked at her in disbelief.

"Sorry for laughing, Gabriel, but that was too cute! I am feeling relatively good by the way, considering the situation we're in. The pain, for now, is bearable and now, that you're back here with me, I feel safe too. So please don't make me get all nervous and scared too. I think I will be dealing with that, before the day ends", the pregnant woman justified her reaction.

"I'll be right back, my dear", the designer said now, "my signal is rather bad here, so I will walk a bit over there, where it was way better. And then I am going to make that excuse of a farm worker come out here and carry you on his back if he has to!"