Part 36 - Results and consequences

It was a Friday, in the third week of January, when Gabriel received a call from the private investigator, that he had hired.

"Mr. Agreste, I finally have some results for you. I won't tell you over the phone though, but I sent everything to you in an Email and you will find the originals in your mailbox soon."

"Well, thank you for that. I will immediately have a look at them!", the designer replied.

"Alright then, let me know, if there is something else, I can do for you!"

"I will, good afternoon."

"Good afternoon to you too, Mr. Agreste. Goodbye!"

Gabriel took a deep breath, before he checked on his latest Emails.

There it was, the information, if he was the father of his 'nephew' or the Mayor's 'daughter' or maybe even both.

After reading through the copies of all the DNA comparisons, which came to the conclusion, not only that André Bourgeois could impossibly be Chloe's biological father, but as well, that he was indeed the sire of both teenagers.

Nathalie had just finished her by Gabriel requested, daily hour of resting, and was on her way back to the office. It didn't happen very often, that she fell asleep during that break, but last night her lately very active child had used her bladder as a trampoline and so she had to get up to go to the bathroom for several times. As she had opened her eyes and noticed, that her fiance, who usually stayed with her and spooned her, while holding her belly, wasn't next to her anymore.

When she entered the room only a few minutes later, she saw him standing in front of his tablets, both hands clenched to fists, his face pale and his eyes red from crying.

Nathalie rushed towards Gabriel, startling him when she laid a hand on his back, to be pulled into a tight embrace instantly. She hugged him back and just held him, stroked his head to soothe him until he eventually was able to loosen his grip.

"I-I'm s-sorry, I didn't want to bother you with that, I...", he choked back another sob, "I j-just couldn't hold it back anymore!"

The young woman didn't let him pull back as he tried to. Instead she asked him:

"What happened, Gabriel? Why are you so upset? Is it something bad?"

"I don't know. I just read the Email, which confirmed, that you were absolutely right about Felix 'and' Chloe. They...are...both....well, I am....their....biological father.", he gulped. "I...can understand...if you don't want to be involved into that...and that you probably....want to leave, but..."

Nathalie scoffed. Cupping his face with both hands, she wiped away his tears with her thumbs. Then she kissed him tenderly at first. But soon the kiss became more passionate, more demanding. Gabriel was barely able to manage the balance between his urge to possess her and his fear to hurt her.

As he grabbed her thighs, to lift her up, despite her growing belly being in their way, Nathalie broke the kiss to say:

"Honey, please. I don't think it's a good idea to...you know....like that...why don't we just..."

He kissed her again. Savagely. Then pulled back.

"I promise to not hurt either of you, my love."

And then he carried her towards her desk, placing himself on her office chair, making her straddle him. Tearing open her blouse, he ripped of the buttons without regret to then grab one of her breasts with each hands, fighting the urge to squeeze them too hard.

"God, Nathalie, I love how they are still growing every day", he muttered before he cupped one after the other with his mouth to caress it shortly. "What's wrong, my dear? You...damn it, I didn't mean to scare you. Why are you looking at me like that? Nathalie? Talk to me, please!"