Advent special Part 2

"Mum!", Hélène cried out, as her mother opened the door for her, "I've missed you and I have the most wonderful surprise for you and dad, but to that later. Come, honey, let's go up to my old room! It is still my old room, right?"

She had hugged Nathalie savagely and almost tossed her to the floor with her ambush.

The woman nodded and replied:

"Of course it is. And I missed you too. How's university? Still fun? And hello Antoinette! Long time no see, how are you?"

The other young woman, who was standing rather shyly behind her girlfriend answered: "I'm fine, thank you Mrs Agreste! How are you doing?"

The older woman pulled the younger one into her arms too, then said dryly:

"I'm about to become your worst nightmare, if you call me Mrs one more time. I've told you, when you were kids already, it's Nathalie!"

Antoinette nodded, while Hélène giggled and whispered:

"She feels old, when you call her Mrs Agreste. So does my dad, but he's too proud to admit it!"

"You little....", Nathalie ranted, to then hug them both again and laugh along the young women. "Just come inside. Dinner is almost done. Marinette and Adrien are already here, with Hugo and Emma. Louis will arrive later with the twins. And Michelle and Colette can't wait to see you!"

"And what about me?", Gabriel suddenly said from the bottom of the stairs as he approached them.

"Daddy! I missed you too!"

And then she clung onto his neck and hugged him tightly.

"Joyeux Noël, Mr Agreste!", Antoinette said politely and held out her hand, to be pulled into a hug too and he scolded:

"It's just Gabriel! My daughter here has been in love with you like forever and you've spent more time here, when you were kids, than anywhere else!"

Hélène blushed and shoved an elbow into her father's ribs.

"She didn't know that!", she hissed, making them all laugh.

"Oh, I did! I was just too scared to commit to my feelings. I thought, this was wrong and I had to be 'normal'!", the girl with the short, pink hair admitted.

"And you totally are. When it comes to love, there is no 'not normal'. And now let's go inside, we've got presents for both of you, that you can unpack before we eat! And I can't wait to see that surprise, you were talking about!", Nathalie ordered and nudged them towards the dining room.

There they were greeted by a loud hello, from all the people being inside.

"Hey little sis, how's it going?", Adrien wondered.

"I'm good, what about you and Nette?"

"We're fine too. We just did a project together, her latest clothes line for the Gabriel brand in small, for those little Barbie like dolls. They're incredibly cute. I got you one for Christmas!"

"But I am not a child anymore, Adrien!"

Antoinette answered to that:

"Yet you still have a whole wall full with your brother's most famous toys! So just say thank you!"

They all giggled about that, then went to unwrap their presents, the ones, that were already under the tree and the ones, the couple had brought.

"So, where's that wonderful surprise, you were talking about?", Nathalie wanted to know, when all the packages, which weren't for Louis, Marcel and Maurice, were opened.