Valentine 2.2

A/N: Well, who's ready for almost 11000 words in 2 chapters? Here's the first one! The second is following right away!"

"What if my daughter was as stubborn as I was with the boys and insisted on a natural birth? Would that endanger the baby, if it was to happen soon? I won't try to talk her into something, I just know, that it's for mother and child easier, if it's a natural birth, because of all the hormones being set free inside them!", Nathalie interrogated the old man, while she led him into the office and to her desk, so he could make all the calls, he needed to, so he could have everything for a proper treatment brought here by one of the doctors at his old office, he was still partner with.

Édouard sighed as he turned to look at her.

"Though you are right about that, I wouldn't recommend it for Leni. This has been going on for too long already and she is exhausted. If we can get her over two weeks, without any contractions and she can eventually get enough sleep and, with a tiny injection if necessary, can eat properly and without throwing up over this time, I would 'allow' it. But right now?", he shook his head and gave the girl's mother a stern look, "right now, it would be too much of a risk for both!"

"What would be a risk for both?", came Gabriel's voice from the corner. He had been standing there and had gazed out of the window and into the already dark Parisian streets. Soon, the days would get longer and at this time, in the early evening, he would be able to look over half of his city and be glad, that he hadn't gotten those miraculous and destroyed all of this forever.

"Having a spontaneous birth at the actual state they're in. Before you get concerned, I am talking about stress and exhaustion. Physically they are both absolutely fine. They just need a break from the pain, and the constant pressure, enough sleep and somebody, being there night and day to care for the mum to be. But I don't worry about the last thing. I am sure, there will be several people every day, fighting each other to do that. But please, this can be just as bad, if she is constantly under observation. Give her all the vigilance, she needs, but don't bother her with it. I'll tell the boy myself, when I go back upstairs. I was shocked, to see her accepting his care at all. He's very special to Hélène, right?", the physician then wondered.

"Well, when Antoinette wanted her to choose between him and her, in the first hours of the new year, she chose Nick. Is that enough of an answer for you?", Nathalie chuckled, making the man whistle.

"He must be more than special then. After she has been so obsessed about that other woman for so long!"

A gentle knock could be heard. It was Marinette, asking about Hélène's well being:

"Hey, I don't want to interrupt you, I just wanted to make sure, that Leni is alright!"

The physician gave her a friendly smile, then held out his hands to another of his favourite former patients.

"Marinette! Nice to see you again! How are you doing? Nathalie told me about your son having a girlfriend. I hope, they are a little more patient than you were?", he teased her with a wink.

The female smiled back at him, though it wasn't completely a happy smile, when she replied:

"Well, doc, I am sure they are, but please don't mention it in the girls presence, yeah? She, well....", glancing carefully at her mother in law, she explained, "lost her baby not to long ago. It's a long and very sad story all together and not for now to tell. It wasn't Louis' but.... they were already a thing and there it gets complicated and sad! So tell me, how is my sister in law doing? Please tell me, that I was wrong!"