Part 50 - Too late

While Nathalie started to panic because of the tiny inconvenience of not having a name for their daughter yet, a red Kwami seemed to be very nervous and was constantly staring at the place, where the miracle box was hidden.

"What's up with you today, Tikki?", Marinette wondered.

"Something is going on inside the box and I am not sure that I like to know", the Ladybug Kwami replied pensively with her high pitched voice.

"Good afternoon M'lady, what's going on?", ChatNoir lowered himself through the hatch, questioning, "Plagg almost threatened me into transforming, and he usually tries to avoid that, as you know. Claws in!", a green flash brought Adrien back into sight.

The cat-like, black creature, instantly soared to the red one, without even asking for his favourite camembert, though he knew, Marinette always had a piece for him ready.

Both teenagers furrowed their eyebrows to this and watched the magical creatures hovering close in mid-air whispering to each other. Eventually Tikki came floating towards Marinette and asked shyly:

"Marinette, would you please do me a favour and let Nooroo and Duusu out of the box? Plagg and I agreed, that there is something going on, he could sense them at Adrien's even!", she looked furiously towards the little cat, "you should have been with him in school and not at home lazing!"

Adrien now turned to Marinette and looked at her rather anxiously and uttered his fear out.

"If Nooroo and Duusu are so excited all of a sudden, maybe there is something wrong with Nathalie or father or even both!"

The teenage girl opened the secret case, where the box was hidden and grabbed the peacock and the butterfly miraculous, then locked up everything again.

The very moment she and Adrien had put on the jewels, a purple and a blue little creature appeared.

Not even trying to calm Duusu, who was whining and lamenting, while she soared through the room, Marinette directed her question to the little butterfly:

"Nooroo, what's going on? Why are you both so excited? Is something wrong with Nathalie and the baby?"

"Miss Nathalie is in really bad pain and she is scared and Nooroo says, so is Mr. Gabriel. Scared I mean."

Adrien tried to calm the hyperactive creature down.

"Duusu, she is probably having the baby and that's why she is hurting. And of course both are nervous and scared. I would be too", he glanced at his girlfriend who was already turning scarlet red. "What do you think, Princess?"

"Huh?" She had totally drifted off after he had talked about having children and looked at her like that.

Now Adrien chuckled softly and pecked her cheek.

"I wanted to know, if you agree with me or not. I mean about Nathalie and father. And that they could both be scared and nervous because the baby is really coming. Or do you think something's wrong?", he explained.

"Oh, uhm, well, I'm not sure. Nooroo, what about you? Do you think, something isn't right? Did something happen?", the girl was reluctant with her reply.

Before the little butterfly could say anything, Duusu whirled towards the girl's face and stopped only a tiny bit in front of it. There she soared and gazed at her guardian's eyes.

"Please, Miss Marinette, let at least me go look for her. I am sure, that she needs me.

"I must consider that thoroughly, Duusu, let Nooroo speak first", the teenage guardian obliged.