Part 45 - Hospital issues

The next morning Gabriel totally overslept. So did Adrien. To her own surprise, it was Marinette, who woke up first and almost around the time, their alarms should have woken them all. Gazing down at her peacefully sleeping boyfriend, she decided to let him dream a little longer and look how Gabriel was doing.

After softly knocking at the door to the designer's bedroom, she opened the door a little to glimpse inside. Seeing him sleeping in almost the same position as Adrien, made her chuckle and quietly shut it again. 

After taking a shower and getting ready for the day, she decided, to leave the two Agreste men a message and go pay Nathalie a visit on her own. If they would allow her inside her room at all. 

"May I come with you?", the squeaky voice of Duusu startled her.

"Duusu, you scared me. Why aren't you inside of the box at home with the others? Nooroo, you too? What..."

Now Tikki floated between her and the two Kwamis and said, her head hanging:

"I helped them smuggle their miraculous' into your purse, because they felt, that something was wrong and they wanted to be near their previous owners. I'm sorry for not telling you, Marinette, but I felt so sad for them."

Nooroo and Duusu were nodding in agreement, as they soared forward to be at the Ladybug Kwami's side.

The young guardian sighed and buried her hand in her palm, shaking it in disbelief. 

"Okay, Duusu, you can come, but Nooroo has to stay here until Adrien is awake and can bring him", she gave in.

"Yay.....that's soooooooo nice from youuuuuuuuuu!", the little peacock squealed.

"Don't be too excited. I am only doing this, because I am sure, that Nath will be feeling better if she sees you!", the teenage girl ranted. "Now both of you, get into my purse", she then ordered, holding it open until the little creatures were inside. 

Pecking Adrien's head and placing a note right next to him, she had an idea and went into the bathroom to open the window. 

"Tikki, spots on!", she shouted and a few seconds later Ladybug stood there, throwing her Yo-Yo through the open window, attaching it to something that would give her enough hold to pull herself into the cold, Parisian, February air.

Inhaling deeply she swung over the already busy streets towards the hospital, where Nathalie had been brought the day before. While she was still considering, if she should stay in transformation or turn back into her civilian self, she already landed on the roof of the facility.

Knowing, that usually minors weren't allowed into the ICU, she decided to stay the way she was and made her way down the staircase, that was luckily unlocked from the rooftop side. 

A few minutes later, Ladybug rang the bell on the glass door, that should keep the visitors outside until they were allowed in. Answering the question of the nurse to who was there she replied:

"I...uhm...I am Ladybug and I am here to visit Miss Sanc...I mean Mrs. Agreste. I am here to fill in for her husband, who is gonna be a little tardy today, so he sent me instead!"

The door opened and a nurse hurried towards it from the other side, sighing relieved, when she saw, that it was really Ladybug. 

"Sorry", she muttered, "I had to check, I mean, the woman has been shot in the open yesterday....so....!"

Ladybug laid a hand on the elder woman's shoulder.

"I would've done exactly the same!", she worded out, making the female smile.