New Year's Special - Part 2

A/N: Well another almost five thousand words and still not done. So enjoy and prepare for at least one more!

While the others down in the dining room were having an agitated conversation, the girls were bitching over Antoinette's behaviour, the boys trying to find a solution to the issue, Nick's chin had dropped to his chest and he was snoring, while still keeping both hands on Hélène's belly.

Maurice was now bringing all the bowls with food into the room, Océane helping him, when Marcel called out to Emma, who had set up the table:

"Em, put on three more plates, yeah? I am certain, that Nick will stay for dinner and there will be two more people very soon, once they have rearranged a couple of things!"

His niece gave him a puzzled look, then shrugged.

"If you say so!", she said and went to get the things she needed.

"What did you do?", Maurice asked. "Please tell me, you didn't make Antoinette's fucking parents come here!"

But his brother shook his head.

"Don't worry, I did not. I tried to make Toni come, but her not so sick looking mother pulled her back inside immediately and her father then told me to leave. You know me, I don't give up that easily. I put my foot into the door, when he tried to shut it into my face and shouted at the stupid bitch, that she was just abandoning the woman, who was willing to do whatever Antoinette wanted, for almost all her life. And that she was suffering a lot, which was bad for her and the baby. Well....it might have slipped, that she would have better stayed with Nick, because no matter how he might act most of the time, he wouldn't treat the woman carrying his daughter like that!", the young man admitted sheepishly.

"Oh Marc, why? How did she...? Did she react at all?"

Marcel nodded.

"Yup! She came running and asked: 'what did you just say? Nick? She was with Nick?'", he told him quickly.

"Crap!", Maurice hissed. "That's gonna be one hell of a fight! I hope she won't do that over the phone and not tonight!"

"Actually, that's the second thing, I took care of. You'll see in about an hour!"

"Fine! But do me at least a favour and look, what's going on up there. It's been too quiet. I'm a little scared, though I wouldn't think, Nicolas could do anything to her, Leni certainly could hurt him!"

The twins chuckled.

"Damn, you're right! Remember, when she caught us, putting maggots into her beloved Antoinette's lunchbox?", Marcel giggled.

"Believe me, my butt will never forget about that!", his brother lamented.

"Yeah, my balls won't either!"

"Yeah, right", Maurice snorted, "I forgot, that despite the pain, I was still the lucky one!"

Making a sound to show his annoyance, Marcel slapped the other one's chest with the back of his hand and ran up the stairs, taking two steps at once. He slowed down in front of Hélène's old room and listened for a moment, then carefully opened the door a tiny bit, to glimpse inside. He started to smile, when he saw the two young people, his sister on her back, snoring loudly by now and the young man on the chair beside her, holding her belly with both hands, while his head hung low and he wasn't just snoring too, but drooling as well.

Giggling he closed it again and sneaked back downstairs, telling the others, what he just saw.

"We should already start to eat!", he suggested then.