Part 73 - Pound it

Gabriel sat down on the floor and stared at the small, black and white picture. When Nathalie came looking for him half an hour later, because she had begun to worry, he was still in the same position, not able to move.

"Honey, are you alright?", she asked, as she with some effort sat down at his side.

"Huh? Oh Nath...I....did you know about......that?" He held up the picture for her to see.

"Oh my Gosh, she already has a picture. I...I figured it out last night, that's why I sent you to get the chocolate cake. But I couldn't tell you, before she could surprise Adrien with it and well, I fell asleep rather quickly after we went to bed", Nathalie explained.

"I....I just don't know, what to say, my dear. I am.....I mean, we're having two more babies and I told you, when I found out about Hélène, that I would embarrass her, because I am an old man....and now I am going to be a grandfather!", he lamented.

But Nathalie just chuckled and kissed his cheek.

"Would you do me a favour and get our daughter out of her bed? I don't feel like lifting her up from down there today!"

"You know very well, that the doctor told you, to not do that at all, ages ago, right? ", he scolded her.

Nathalie scratched the back of her neck and smirked sheepishly.

"I know!", she said barely audible. "Before you go, can you please help me up? I'll take care of breakfast in the meantime. Don't look at me like that. It's just breakfast!"

Chuckling the middle aged man pulled her onto her feet, then gave her a passionate kiss.

"I didn't say good morning yet. How are you doing?", he asked her softly.

"I'm fine, just sick of everything hurting. And I am hungry. But now", she gave him an even more passionate kiss, then said, "good morning to you too."

After getting Hélène ready and setting up the breakfast in front of the fireplace, Gabriel helped Nathalie get back down on the skin and then went to get the young couple. He knocked firmly onto the door, getting a loud groan as an answer. He grinned at the young woman's reaction and knocked again, harder this time.

"What is it, father?", Adrien now yelled.

"It's time for breakfast. We'll be waiting in the living room!", he proclaimed to then leave the shocked couple alone.

"L-L-Living room?", Marinette stammered.

"Fuck! I left the picture....oh no!"

He jumped out of the bed and was about to get dressed, when his girlfriend stopped him.

"Adrien, wait. They most likely have already seen it. Get a shower and brush your teeth, so we can go down there and try to not make it awkward, okay? I really am hungry!", she called out.

He stopped in his movement immediately and knelt down beside the bed, to kiss her flat belly.

"I am so sorry", he whispered. "I should have considered that. Would you like to join me?"

Marinette nodded and scooted to the rim of the bed.

"I'd love too, if you're going to brush your teeth first. I haven't had any 'morning' sickness yet, just a couple of late afternoon or early evening ones and I would like it to stay this way!", she ordered.

"Of course, M'lady! Whatever I can do, to make you feel good!", Adrien blurted out. That made her smile mischievously and wiggle her eyebrows.

"I like that thought!", she hummed.