Part 28 - Have you ever slept with...

When Adrien returned from school, after letting Marinette out at the bakery, because she wanted to work on a few things in her room, while he had his Chinese lessons, he saw his father coming out of Nathalie's room, with a blissful smile on his face.

That seemed to be kind of odd, after the funeral in the morning.

"Hello father, why are you in such a good mood all of a sudden? I mean, after the....", he asked with a puzzled face.

"Huh?", Gabriel didn't hear what he said.

"I was wondering, why you are smiling like that on a day like this!", the teenager repeated.

"Oh........uhm, it's......just because......I'm just happy.....that Nathalie is feeling better.....and that she hopefully is looking towards wonderful and good things instead of all the things that happened recently", Gabriel wasn't lying with that, he just didn't tell all of the truth.

"Oh", the boy said, "well maybe you should take a short glimpse into the mirror before you will be seen by any one, because you buttoned your shirt wrong."

With a knowing smile he left his scarlet red father standing in the hallway and walked further towards his room.

The tall man, though on his way to get them something to drink and a little snack, went back into the assistant's room and leaned his back against the door.

Nathalie looked at him with similar red cheeks but also with a mischievous grin.

"I heard you talking to Adrien. Was something wrong? What did he say?", she wondered, blinking innocently.

"You heard him, didn't you?", he grunted.

Nathalie giggled.

"Every word", she confessed.

Pretending to be offended, he teasingly uttered:

"I could have just as well told him the complete truth."

But instead of getting all nervous as he had expected, she calmly responded:

"Actually, that would only be fair, as his girlfriend has known for weeks now."

Gabriel's red face turned white within seconds.

"She what?" His voice was barely a whisper now. He sounded dangerous though.

"Oh my, no", she climbed off the bed and walked towards him, trying to explain, "don't understand this the wrong way. I didn't tell her, she just figured out the symptoms, that 'you' texted to Adrien. But until I returned from the last appointment she was only assuming that. And even then she only asked, if continuing the treatment meant what she thought. So please", she stood before him now and cupped his face with both hands, "I would have 'never' even considered to tell anyone before I told you. Please don't feel like I....I"

He kissed her savagely. As if he was putting all his anger and anxiety into this kiss. He grabbed her upper arms pressing his fingers into her flesh.

Nathalie didn't fight him. She had suffered much worse things and she knew he felt hurt right now and that was his way of dealing with it. Yet there was still a tiny part of her, being scared that he would do worse.

But only seconds later Gabriel loosened his grip and his kiss became much softer. He wrapped his arms around her back and took her into his embrace.

When the designer broke the kiss, the young woman saw tears falling from his eyes. She pulled him down on her shoulder and stroked his head, while she nuzzled her face into the crook of his neck and placed soft, little kisses there.