Part 57 - I almost forgot

While Nathalie walked to the kitchen, a thought hit her like a lightning. Today was Gabriel's birthday. She quickened her pace and swung the door open, to see the two teenagers preparing the table, but Gabriel wasn't here right now.

"He went to his office!", Adrien told her.

"Oh, okay, thank you. I forgot, that it's his birthday today! Did you...."

"Oh no", Marinette slapped Adrien's upper arm. "Why didn't you tell me? I would have marked it in my phone and that would've reminded us of it. Do you think, he would like something, that I actually made for.....someone else....like....you?"

Adrien looked puzzled. "What do you mean?"

"Well, you know.....having a crush on someone.....over like three years......preparing birthday presents for him.......for his next.....like......thirty five......birthdays?", the young woman stammered with a deep red face.

But her boyfriend just began to beam.

"That is so sweet, Marinette. But I am sure, we can come up with something else. Like a babysitting coupon or something like that. Those two certainly want to have an evening each week or month for themselves. Right Nath?", Adrien suggested and looked at his step mum with a mischievous grin.

Nathalie began to grin herself, rather viciously though.

"Well my dear boy, ask your girlfriend over there, if she, during all those things happening over the last days, remembered to get that injection from the doctor. Otherwise, you're gonna need that spare time to sit your own baby!", she teased.

Adrien's eyes widened as he glanced over to Marinette. The girl had seen Nathalie's wink at her and instantly joined her little prank.

Trying to not break into a guffaw, she laid a hand over her chest and mumbled:

"I....I don't know.....I was going to....but on my way.....it's been almost two weeks since then, I really don't remember. Damn it. I.....", she looked at Adrien, who had turned very pale.

"Please tell me, that you didn't forget! I mean, I wouldn't mind, if we were older, like a year or so, but as your dad said, we are still to young!", he exclaimed.

"A year?", Marinette yelled. "Are you kidding me? I will be seventeen in a year, that's still too......", she paused and glared at him, "you knew, that we were just teasing you! Isn't that so?"

Now the boy started to giggle.

"I saw Nathalie wink at you. Sorry, but you both deserved that!"

"Yeah, we deserved that. But now let's go and make a very quick birthday cake! I'm thinking waffles, stapled into a cake, then we put some candles on top.... How many do we need? I mean, I know his age, but how many candles can he handle?", she giggled as she referred to his issues with getting old.

Nathalie smirked.

"You'll figure it out. I would like to go look for him now, but we'll be back soon", she explained.

"Yeah sure", Adrien mocked her, "want some alone time again, yeah?"

Marinette smacked the back of his head.

"Ouch, what was that for? I just thought they...ouch...why do you keep hitting me?"

Marinette buried her face in her hands, while the young mother left the kitchen laughing.

"Seriously? You were thinking, they already would do 'that' again?"

The boy stared at her with a bewildered look.