Story 263/Below Zero Frozen Treat and Curious Friend

Beginne am Anfang

One of them grabbed onto his arm and tried to pull him away from the Brute shark. This made him mad so he grabbed the leg of the Kitewing who grabbed him and smashed it into the ice three times cracking it's skull with the impact.

Upon seeing this wouldn't be a fair fight, the other kitewing ran away which Xenith allowed it to do. The boy knew he wouldn't need to eat the kitewing he killed so he made sure that he would keep it with him so if he found another hungry animal he could feed it. In the Mean Time, Xenith just continued to consume the Brute shark's tasty flesh.

After he had reduced the animal to nothing but an eyeball, he began to hear something. A signal from the deep frigid sea. It was around this time he began to take notice of the area he was in. No longer the tropical environment of the place he landed in first but instead a more chilly, almost Arctic ocean-like in the feeling.

The signal he heard was not natural, it felt Otherworldly which was exactly what Xenith was waiting for. So he was starting to walk towards the edge of the platform of ice when he remembered he shouldn't just Jump in frigid waters. Doing so normally would leave the body in a state of sudden cold which was obvious but what wasn't was that the body being exposed to cold temperatures that fast the body would go into shock. So Xenith took a step back and began to raise his body temperature slowly.

Soon his body was ready for the water and he jumped in. Xenith felt the water steam as his warm body entered it's chilly depths. He began to Explore, looking for the source of the strange signal that he received.

It was in a rather deep environment where he found the source. As he was starting to go down to it he saw a shadow loom above him. this distracted Xenith and he looked up to see a strange almost star speckled fish

 this distracted Xenith and he looked up to see a strange almost star speckled fish

The thing was massive, but curiously not dangerous. Instead this giant fish known as a Stellar Thalassean is a filter feeder. swallowing mass quantities of microscopic organisms as it swims by.

This made Xenith remember his task at hand and began to search for the source again. He began to hear something whenever he was approaching the sea floor. Something was calling for help, sounding alien at first but then being translated by Xenith's half brain.

As he was translating however Something suddenly grabbed his leg and began tugging. Xenith looked down and saw a red tendril grappling it violently and trying to pull it down. "Ah!" The Tendril belonged to a beast that looked like a plant but was not. It pulled and yanked at Xenith until it began to get him to get pulled towards it's opening.

Having no other choice the boy began to channel his energy into his soundbox, then into his Dragon Organ located just beside his heart that gave him cold blood and dragon energy. Then Channeling it into his windpipe he expelled a Roaring Sphere attack and let loose a purple energy ball that shot into the creature's gaping maw.

Then an Explosion occurred making the beast explode and let loose Xenith. But he had used some of his energy to do that so he needed to look for the source.