Chapter 133 - Invitation

Start from the beginning

"I don't think I could get rid of Carol even if I wanted to," I replied smiling. He chuckled, but his smile faded away a little bit because of my next sentence. "I have to tell Daryl and Eugene first."

"Yeah, okay," he said.

"So, I'll just go and invite Daryl for a walk now," I suggested.

"Alright," he agreed and then lay down on the couch and grabbed the latest newspaper. I put on my shoes and got ready. I glanced at him, then I closed the door behind me. I knocked on the next door and Henry opened it.

"Hi Henry!" I said. "Is Daryl home?"

"Hey, Quinn. Yeah, he's here. I'll get him," he said and disappeared. I was waiting in front of the door, not making myself home, trying different sentences in my head. Finally, Daryl appeared.

"Hey, what's goin' on?" he asked.

"Oh, nothing really. I just... wanted to talk to you for a bit. If you're not busy with something right now..." I said.

"Yeah, no, sure," he replied.

"Shall we go for a walk?" I asked.

"Yeah, fine," he agreed, closed the door behind him and we headed downstairs. We walked to the street and a couple of patrolling sci-fi soldiers walked by us. We didn't say a word for a little while. We were walking on the street casually, Daryl navigating me to some quiet places.

"I know what you wanna say," he said distracting me from my thoughts. Sure, he does. He helped Negan pick out the ring for me.

"Yeah... we're getting married next Saturday," I said. Daryl stopped, then I stopped too, and turned to face him.

"That's quite soon," he said.

"Yeah... we didn't want to wait. You know... we are talking about leaving. So... We wanted to get over with it quickly," I explained.

"Is this because of the masquerade? I mean the leaving," he asked.

"Not just that. Several things piled up. We don't like it here. I was thinking maybe going back to Alexandria, now that Maggie isn't there anymore."

Daryl was listening to me carefully, sometimes nodding slightly.

"I see," he growled. "When?"

"I don't know yet. We definitely wait for Christmas," I said.

"Yeah... Carol and her Christmas party. She's so hyped about it. Not to mention the kids. Judith and RJ are going nuts," he said smiling.

"I can imagine. So yeah, we wait for Christmas. Maybe wait for the entire winter and then..." I said. He nodded understandingly.

"I get it," he said.

"So... will you come to our wedding?" I asked. Daryl chuckled.

"Do I have any other options?" he asked.

"Of course not," I stated without hesitation. He laughed again.

"Alright. Yeah, sure. Why not. But I'm not wearing a suit," he stated.

"Oh yeah, you are," I stated smiling.

"Nope. Definitely not," he said.

There were a couple of minutes of silence while our smiles faded away. I had to spit it out.