"Franks if you have the chance to escape don't think twice. Promise me," he said, rising his pinkie finger at me.

"Parker. . ." I hesitated. 

"Please Frankie," he said, shaking his pinkie finger. 

"Okay," I said, interwinding our pinkie fingers while my other hand had to fingers crossed.

I promise not to leave you alone, Parker.

He pulled me into chest, flinching against my arms when I wrapped them around him. The tears no longer were hidden instead they ran down my face, soaking his shirt. How did I spent my younger years sheltered, allowing my brother to suffer these unforgivable circumstances?  

"Frankie why are you crying?" Parker laughed, pulling away from the hug and staring into my eyes.

"No reason," I sniffled, wiping away the tears.

"It's time to go Frankie," my father barged in and glimpsed at his watch.

Fear engulfed my conscience, knocking all other thoughts aside. My heart thobbed in fear as I glanced at my father.

"I told you it's time to go! Goddammit, why don't you listen?" my father raged, barging in the room and latched onto my wrist.

My fingers curled into a fist, nails digging into my palm. Terror tortured my guts, churning my stomach in tense cramps. I crunched my teeth over my lip harder than I ever had. Satly blood filled my mouth.

"Daddy, you're hurting me," I whimpered as he used all his strength to drag my body out of the room. 

"Does it look like I care?" he retorted, pulling my wrist with such intensity it felt like my arm was going to be pulled out from it's socket.

-----

My father texted Drew that I was on the way to meet him before driving away from our house. He informed me of the cover-up story he texted Drew about my disappearance from the hospital. Apparently, I've been living with my aunt named Deborah and she's been helping me through everything. Oh, how I wished that was the truth. 

Now, here I was sitting and waiting awkwardly at Starbucks for Drew to arrive. My body was buried in a pink hoodie, hiding all the bruises and scars from my father. I played with the edges of my sleeve, trying to calm down my heartbeat. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my head causing me to shift my gaze upward.

"Did I scare you?" he asked, leaning down and swiftly pecking my lips. 

"Huh? No, I'm okay," I forced a smile. "I order you a strawberry lemonade since you don't really like coffee," I added trying to seem as normal as possible.

Heres, my chance to save both my brother and me. However, my gut was telling me to continue suffering in silence unless I want others to get hurt too. His hair was perfectly combed to the side; not his usual style. He looked effortlessly perfect along with his red bomber jacket.

"Thank you, Frankie. You know me so well," he smiled, stroking my cheek for a second before removing his hand. He shoved the straw in the drink and took a long sip. "Why are you so quiet?"

"I'm not being quiet," I nervously laughed, playing with the lid on my coffee cup. "It's just been a while since we talked. You know, face to face."

In the car, I applied good amount of foundation and conclear to hide anything unusual. I examined my face in the mirror, touching up the areas that needed it.

"You're usually not this awkward," he said.

"Can you leave it alone. I'm fine okay. How are you doing with everything," I asked, growing frustrated.