Part 97

Rory tried to pull away from Logan, but his hands instinctively moved down to touch the back of her waist. She put both of her hands on his wrists and then looked down at her feet.

'Logan, what's...what's that letter?'
'Oh it's just a...' Logan hesitated as he moved his hands from Rorys grasp and started to rub her back, suddenly making the decision not to lie and to tell Rory what the letter really was. But as he looked down at Rorys face and saw the tears that had started to form at the bottom of her eyes, he realised it was too late.

Logan moved his hand back up to touch Rorys face, but she grabbed it before he could.
'Why, Logan? What is it? Why after all this time do I still feel like I can't trust you..'
'Rory, I was gonna..'
'No, Logan', Rory moved away from Logans grasp and marched over towards the couch. 'Clearly there's something going on here. You're definitely trying to hide something from me.' She moved over to where the letter was tucked into the back of the couch and put her hand on it. 'I mean, you tucked it down the back of the couch for goodness sake! Are you gonna tell me what's going on here?'

As Logan saw Rory pick up the letter and place it between her hands, his heart dropped.
'It only just arrived', he pleaded. 'Just before you got here. And I was gonna tell you. I just needed time to process and then..'
'Needed to process what?' Rory asked calmly, as she unfolded the letter that was in her hands. 'Oh god, Logan'. Rorys hand moved towards her chest. 'It's a court order. I really can't deal with another..' Rory stopped as her hands scanned the rest of the letter. 'Dear Mr Huntzberger', she muttered under her breath, 'I am writing on behalf of my client, Mrs Odette Huntzberger, who has requested that I contact you as a means of...' Rory paused and Logan held his breath. 'As a means of filing for divorce. Oh thank goodness for that!' Rory almost laughed to herself.