Part 9 - London, England

Odette knew that hers and Logans had never been a love match. It was a means to an end. Logan needed a suitable wife and she was it. She knew that he'd only proposed to her because his father had ordered that it was about time and that his mother had practically forced the engagement ring into his hand.

For Logan, marriage was only for one thing - to produce an heir to the Huntzeberger dynasty and Odette was more than happy to do that. She knew that being the mother of his child would grant her everything she could ever imagine. And if they did end up getting a divorce 10 or 15 years down the line, she knew that by then Mitchem would have retired and Logan would be at the head of the company. The settlement would have to be worth millions!

Sex with Logan was dull and dreary. Ok, there was some sort of sexual attraction there. She did fancy him, but she knew that he probably didn't feel the same and that sex with his wife was probably just a means to an end for him.

For a while, she'd known there was someone else. He had to be getting his true satisfaction somewhere. Before they'd got married he'd tell her he was working late, but when she'd called the office his secretary would tell her he'd left hours ago. Plus, he'd always been very secretive with his phone calls, text messsages and emails. His phone and laptop had super high security passcodes, that even she couldn't crack. And she'd tried enough times!

But she'd gone along with it and married him anyway. She knew it was her duty and the only way she was going to get what she wanted. So, she was prepared to live a life of relative solitude, in what she knew would end up being an unhappy marriage.

They hadn't even talked about having a baby when they got married. She knew that Logan knew it would have to happen, but she'd guessed that he'd never be that into becoming a Dad. For some reason, any sort of responsibility or emotional attachment had always been an issue for Logan. But she knew it had to happen. That was why as soon as that ring was on her finger, she'd stopped using birth control.

She was surprised it had taken her 7 months from when they'd gotten married to get pregnant. Alright, they were hardly at it like rabbits, but it was happening enough. Her period came like clockwork every month and every time it did, a little peice of her heart broke away. After all, if she couldn't give him an heir, then what use would she ever be to him.

And then this month, nothing. The 20 minutes she'd waited for the pregnancy stick to come back had been the most agonising 20 minutes of her life. And finally, when she saw the two lines appear on the stick, she knew she'd got it...the heir to the Huntzberger throne!