Part 60 - Rory and Logans Apartment in New Haven

When Logans alarm went off at 4.45am he groaned. He'd be lying wide awake most of the night and had only just begun drifting off about an hour ago. He had a lot on his mind.

Logan noticed Rory roll over next to him, clearly disturbed by the sound of the alarm. He put the duvet back over Rorys shoulders and kissed her forehead.
'Sshh' he said. Logan had noticed that Rory had been tossing and turning all night as well. Just a couple more hours rest would do her some good and plus he didn't want her to be awake when he left.

Logan hated lying to Rory, but he knew that if he told her where he was going she'd want to come with him. He'd known as soon as he'd heard that Odette was in the states that he needed to go and see her. He showered, got dressed and left the apartment.

It was 5.15am now. He'd toll Rory that he was starting early at work and would have to stay late to catch up on things. That would give him plenty of time. He was taking the Huntzberger jet, so it would be a lot quicker and he hadn't run the risk of Rory finding his passport in his bag the night before.

The flight over to LA was the first time Logan had had to be own his own in days. He'd come to love Rorys family over the years, but their behaviour was still alien to him, compared to how he'd been brought up. There'd barely even been a moment for just him and Rory to spend together and process what had gone on, without either Lorelai or Luke bursting in to check that they were ok.

Logan was surprised to find that he was actually quite nervous. This was the first time he'd seen Odette in almost two and a half years. Although, as he had been unable to locate her until now they were still technically married. That was something he would have to chase up eventually, but it wasn't the priority right now.

At one time he'd shared a home and a bed with this woman. Although their marriage had been doomed from the start, during those first few months he had actually cared for her. Logan stopped to think for the first time in a long time about the baby they'd both lost together. Although having two children so close in age by two different women would have been complicated, the thought that he now had neither of them broke his heart.

The sound of the jet touching down on the tarmac in California woke Logan up from his daydream. He gathered his things together and made his way towards the exit. As the doors to the jet opened, Logan was hit by an intense heat. He'd thought that with it being the end of the summer the temperature would have cooled down, but it still was at least 30 degrees celcius. Great. As if this wasn't going to be hard enough, without him sweating buckets before he even stepped into the prison.

**

There was some initial protest from one of the guards when Logan arrived at the prison without a visitors pass, but, just as he'd expected, as soon as he told them he was a Huntzberger he was allowed to enter the prison. Being heir to the Huntzberger dynasty had to have some perks from time to time. Even if it was just to visit his psychopathic wife in prison.

Once Logan had gotten through security, he walked down the short corridor to get to the visiting room. He pulled up one of the heavy metal chairs and moved himself closer to the clear plastic screen in front of him. It was only a few seconds before the prisoners had walked in and Logan was sat within touching distance of the woman who had been ruining his life for the past two and a half years.