Part 54 - Back in Stars Hollow

Rory walked down the road away from her moms house. She wasn't really sure why she had left or where she was going to. All she knew was that she needed a bit of space. Her mom and Logan had both been extremely supportive, but she just needed to get away and be with her own thoughts and emotions for a while.

The news that Amelie had given them a couple of hours ago had really messed up Rorys head. At least they had a bit of a track on where Dylan was now. But, smuggled on an eight hour flight inside a suitcase, Rorys heart broke in pain at the discomfort her little boy must have had to face. And although they knew that Odette had been picked up by the police, Rory assumed that Dylan must have been taken from her and they still had no clue where he would be right now.

Rorys phone vibrated in her pocket. It was Logan. She ignored the call. She knew she had to give him some sort of explanation as to why she had just walked out of the house without saying a word, but she wasn't ready yet. Her phone rang a second time. This time it was Lorelai. Why couldn't her family understand that she just needed five minutes to herself?

Rory somehow found herself in the centre of town. She couldn't remember how she'd got there or the route she had taken. She hated being in Stars Hollow these days. All the people who had once embraced and celebrated her, the people who had raised her, no longer spoke to her anymore. For the past two years, whenever she was walking around town, which wasn't very often any more, people would cross the road and walk away from her.

It wasn't malicious and it wasn't their fault. They just didn't know what to say to her. Rory thought, if someone else from the town had been in a similar situation, she'd have no clue what to say to them either. So, Rory walked through town with her head looking down at the ground, careful not to make eye contact with anyone.

Suddenly, Rory felt her feet stop moving. She looked up in front of her, to see an all too familiar sight - Lukes Diner. She hadn't been here for a long while. Rory noticed her own hand reaching for the door. She took a deep breath, pushed the door open and walked inside.