Part 96

By the time Rory knocked on the apartment door, Logan had managed to move himself inside and onto the couch. But for the last half hour he had still been leant forward, staring down at the crisp, white peice of paper in his hand, with the other hand running ferociously through his hair.

When Logan hadn't answered for a few seconds after Rorys first knock, he heard the sound of her hand pressing down on the door handle. Rory and Logan always wandered in and out of each others apartments, so this was nothing new, but this time it made Logan jump out of his skin. Before Rory had time to push open the door and walk into the room, Logan quickly moved the peice of paper that was in his hand onto the couch and sat on it. What else could he do?

Rory waddled into the apartment, one hand on her back and the other balancing a messenger bag on her shoulder.

'Are you alright..do you need?' Logan instinctively begun to move out of the chair, before realising that doing so would reveal the letter that he had now apparently decided to hide from Rory.

Rory scowled at Logan, as he said this.
'Logan, you gotta...I'm fine!'
She made her way over to one of the couches and leaned against it, using one of her arms to balance her.

'Is everything ok? Do you wanna drink?' Logan asked.
Rory didn't have to say anything, she just shot Logan another scowl, which was enough to make him be quiet.

'I just gotta...' Rory began. 'I wanted to come tell you the verdict in person. And I'm sorry that you couldn't be there, they just never let me know until it was time.'

Logan inched forward in his seat, still careful to keep the peice of paper underneath him. He rested his chin in his hand and begun biting his nails. A nervous habit he'd developed as a result of the stress each court case and appeal had placed him under.

'It's alright, Rory.' Logans voice was flat and surprisingly calm. 'I just gotta...just...what was the verdict?'

Rory begun ringing her hands together, the way she now always did when she was nervous. 'Erm, Logan..'
'Yesss...' Logan was itching now to hear what she had to say.
'Logan, we gotta lot to get sorted..'
Logan didn't say anything, just pleaded at Rory with his eyes.
'Because they gave us custody Logan!' Rorys face lit up as she said this. 'Our little boys coming home!'

Instinctively Logan jumped up out of his seat and rushed over to where Rory was stood. He scooped her up in his arms. Rorys ever growing baby bump prevented Logan from lifting her up and spinning her around the way he usually would, so a very tight hug would have to do.

**

As Logan held her tight, Rory nestled her face into his neck, breathing in that all too familiar smell. She moved her hands from around Logans waist and up his back, resting them on the back of his neck. As Rory felt Logans hands do the same, sliding up her back and into her hair, she froze.

As Logan begun to kiss her neck and make his way slowly up to her chin, Rory tilted her head back slightly. This felt so good.
Logan moved his hands around to the front of Rorys cheeks, caressing them with his thumbs, before he lifted her head to face his.
Rory moved her lips slowly towards Logans and then noticed a white peice of paper floating around on the apartment floor.

'Logan, what's that?'