Part 95 - Logans apartment building

After reading the letter from Odettes lawyer, Logan dropped the peice of paper into his lap, leant his head backwards against the apartment door and begun running his hands through his hair.

A divorce from Odette was something he'd been desperate for for the last couple of years, but somehow, now the time had come, he just didn't quite feel ready.

Initially, when they had first found out where Odette was, he'd wanted to get a divorce so that he could ask Rory to marry him. At the time, with Odettes prison sentence having been up in the air, it had seemed almost impossible. A couple of months back, Odette had finally been sentenced to 10 years imprisonment for kidnapping Dylan. But, with the two court cases going on alongside each other and with everything going on with Rorys pregnancy, Logan had barely had time to stop and think about what all this could mean.

It was now obvious that the certainty around Odettes prison sentence and the finality of the court case had allowed her to file for divorce. But now it had cone to it, it didn't quite feel worth it for Logan. He'd suddenly found himself as a single man who was almost in his forties, just about to have a second child with a woman who clearly would never reciprocate his love for her again. He and Odette had been separated for almost 5 years now, much longer than they'd actually been married for, and going through the hassle of a divorce, with no clear outcome in sight, hardly seemed worth it.

Logans thoughts were interrupted by the sound of his phone ringing in his pocket. For almost the past two months, every time he had heard it ring, Logans heart would skip a beat. He was so scared that it would be Rory and that something would be happening with the baby again. His panic became even more heightened every time he lifted his phone out of his pocket and saw Rorys name light up the screen.

'Hello...'

Sensing the nervous twang in his voice, that must have been coming from a combination of shock over the letter he'd just read and a sense of nervousness around the baby, Rory replied.

'Logan, you've gotta stop this!'

Almost as if he hadn't heard what Rory had just said, Logan interjected. 'What's...what's. Is everything ok with the...'

Rory stopped him. 'Yeah of course everythings ok with the baby Logan! You gotta stop freaking out every time I call you!'

At hearing this, Logan let out a deep sigh of relief. 'I'm sorry, Rory.'

'Not it's ok' Rory replied. 'But now..' she paused. 'I've actually gotta tell you something that's gonna freak you out even more. I've...they've. And I'm sorry I wasn't able to call you back over here. They didn't really give me any warning. But...The judge has decided on the outcome of the custody battle.'

Logan put his hand back up to his forehead and pushed his hair away from his face. He looked down at the peice of paper that was still sat in his lap. Not today!