Part 90 - Rory and Logans apartment

'Ace, just cut the crap!' Logan put his hand on top of Rorys, as it lay on the kitchen worktop, forcing the whiskey glass to slip from her fingers.
'No..no...Logan, you must be thirsty... do you wanna...?' Rory knew how much of a shock this would be for Logan and that he would want a glass of whiskey in hand as he heard the news.
Still keeping one of his hands clamped on top of Rorys, Logan used his finger to flick the glass way.
'No...ace.' Logan moved himself around, so that he was now stood directly facing Rory, his body just centimetres away from hers. He put one hand on Rorys hip and looked down at it.
'You need to let me know what's going on. That whole car journey you just sat in silence. I know you didn't wanna say anything in public, but now...' He raised his gaze to look directly into Rorys eyes and used one hand to touch her cheek. 'Now you can tell me ace. What's going on with you?'

Rory took Logans hand away from her hip and held it in hers. Half way through leading him over to the couch, she paused.
'Are you sure you don't want a glass of whiskey though, Logan? I think you're gonna wanna...'

'God, damn it, Rory!' Logan let go of Rorys hand and threw his hands down by his side. 'I don't want a god damned whiskey right now! What I want...' He paused and lowered his voice slightly, as he slid his hands down Rorys arms...'Is for you to let me know what the hell's going on here!'

'Ok.'
Rorys voice was flat and emotionless, but her breathing was heavy. The thought of what she was going to have to say was bringing back this morning's feeling of nausea, but she had to hold it together. She grabbed both of Logans hands, that were by now brushing against her wrists, and pushed him towards the couch.

Logan looked puzzled as she almost forced him to sit.
'Ow! Ace, what was that?'
'It's nothing, I'm sorry', Rory said, as she took a seat opposite Logan.

Rory took a deep breath in.
Sensing her nerves, Logan took hold of both of Rorys hands and began rubbing them gently with his thumbs. 'It's ok', he said. 'Whatever this is we can do it.'

'Are you sure?' Rory asked.
Logan stopped and put both of Rorys hands on his knees, holding them tightly in his.
'Listen ace, whatever it is, you know...' He noticed the tear that was already rolling down Rorys face and brushed it away with his thumb. 'You know whatever it is you can tell me. And..' He paused. 'We'll deal with this together.'

'Whatever it is?' Rory croaked over the lump that was forming in her throat.
'Whatever..' Logan almost whispered.

'Even if I...' Rory paused, trying her hardest to keep control of her emotions.
Logan just looked at her, his eyes pleading with her to continue.
'Even if I told you I was pregnant?

Rory felt Logans hands slip away from around hers.