Chapter 118 - Decision

Start from the beginning

"But?" she asked.

"But I'm not sure, because it seems too good to be true and it makes me suspicious," I admitted. Carol and Daryl exchanged glances.

"Are you two not related?" asked Carol pointing at me and Daryl.

"What? Why?" I asked smiling while Daryl was rolling his eyes.

"Daryl said the exact same thing. "Too good to be true, suspicious"" said Carol pushing her voice down, trying to imitate Daryl.

"That's not the way I talk," said Daryl offended. Carol chuckled softly at him.

"Are you suspicious too?" I asked frowning my eyebrows concerned.

"We all are," said Carol turning serious once again. "But I still think we should go."

"Wait what? Are you thinking about going?" I asked surprised. "I thought you two were staying at Alexandria!"

"Well, we are thinking about it," said Carol looking at Daryl unsurely.

"Don't look at me," he growled at her. I smiled at the sight of them.

"What is this community like? Did you hear something?" I asked.

"Yeah, I did," said Carol. "I heard Eugene when he was talking to Rosita. I didn't mean to eavesdrop or anything, I was just walking by," said Carol innocently. "So Eugene said that this community is like it's stuck in the past. Everything is exactly the same as it was before the apocalypse."

My mouth fell open. I looked at Negan, he was smiling while frowning his eyebrows disbelievingly.

"What?" he asked. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"How is that even possible?" I asked taken aback.

"Hold on... this means they still use money, which we don't have any," stated Daryl slowly.

"Money? What for?" I asked chuckling disbelievingly.

"Yeah, you heard me. They're stuck in the past," repeated Carol.

"We don't have money... in the apocalypse," I said throwing my arms disbelievingly. Negan chuckled at my reaction.

"I also heard, that they employ you in the same job as before the fall," added Carol.

"What?!" I asked completely taken aback. I glanced at Negan, this time he was chuckling disbelievingly.

"Wait what? I would be a gym teacher again?" he asked.

"Wait... you were a gym teacher before the fall?" asked Daryl now he got surprised. Carol started chuckling. "No way," added Daryl smiling.

"Yeah, he was," I reassured them. "So... we should work in our previous jobs and earn money and everything goes the same like before?" I summarized.

"Technically, yes," said Carol.

"How long were you eavesdropping on Eugene?" asked Negan. I poked his arm gently, to indicate him to stop mocking Carol.

"I have kids to take care of, I needed info," stated Carol simply not even trying to hide anymore that she was eavesdropping on purpose. I chuckled at her reaction. Then all of us got silent, deep in thought. My brain just exploded. What is this community? It was so strange. I just could not believe it.