Eventually happy!

Start from the beginning

The proud father took his daughter out of Nathalie's arms and sat down on the mattress with his wife, leaning his head against hers, while he placed the little girl in between them, so Marinette would immediately be able to see her once she woke up.

It was only ten minutes later, when the new mother began to stir and looked frantically around, then saw her husband at her side and her daughter between them and smiled weakly.

"Did you think of a name yet?", she asked hoarsely, making Adrien flinch and gasp.

"M'lady, you're awake! How are you feeling?"

"I've been better! How's our baby?"

"She has been waiting for mummy to finally wake up and feed her!", Adrien cooed and placed her completely in her mother's arms, "can you hold her? If not....oh, okay!"

Marinette had already taken a firm hold of her child and was now pulling up the hospital gown to let her child drink. The newborn did instantly.

The new father grinned and hummed:

"My father suggested, to give her a name, that tells about her beauty, like Belle or Jolene!"

His wife though grimaced.

"I don't like the name Belle! But if were already talking about Disney princesses, how about Jasmin?"

"Mh, I like that! Do you want to be a little Jasmin?"

"She said yes!", the blissful mother chuckled and gently stroked along her child's head.

A sudden turmoil on the other side of the door made them look up.

"I want to see my mum! You can't keep me away from her! I love her so much! I want to be with her, she certainly needs us all!", came Hugo's agitated voice from the hallway.

"Go and let the bunch inside!", Marinette hissed though she really was exhausted. Having been so close to dying, made her long to see all her children at once.

It was Emma, who hugged her first, trying to apologize:

"I'm sorry, mum, I tried to keep him quiet, but he just wouldn't listen! How are you feeling?"

Marinette smiled tiredly at her daughter and kissed her cheek.

"I'm good now, Em. Thank you for taking care of Hugo. And you, come here. I'm fine, see? You must listen to Emma, sweetie! I know, it's all a bit confusing right now, but I promise, we will soon all be together again! Where's Lou? And Marion and Tom? Are they alright?"

"They went to see grandpa first! But I wanted to be with you, mum! I will never again leave you!", Hugo exclaimed stubbornly.

His mother grinned.

"You'll have to leave with Emma and daddy later, Hugo! But I will be home soon too and so will your little sister. If you're careful, you can hold little Jasmin."

"Oh mum!", Emma enthused, "I love that name!"

Marinette smiled and closed her eyes, while laying back into the cushions. Adrien gave her a concerned look, then said to his older daughter:

"Emma, would you go get Louis and Marion? I think your mum wants to see them too, before she takes her well deserved rest for the night, okay?"

The teenage girl nodded and ran off, returning a few minutes later with her brother and his little family.

"You scared us, mum!", Louis said quietly, "please don't do that ever again!"

Then he hugged her tightly, while he couldn't hold back any longer and started to cry, the very moment, his mother was holding him.