Part 44

I get home from work a few days later to see Lizzie dusting around the house. She hasn't noticed me so I quietly set me things down on the table in the living room then slowly walk up behind her. I wrap my arms around her from behind and lift her up off the ground, "Baby!!" I yell feeling her whole body tense in my arms.

"Jesus Y/n! You scared the shit out of me!" She hits my shoulder as I set her back down on the floor.

"I'm sorry belle, I missed you" I smile turning her around in my arms.

"So you scare me?" She scoffs rolling her eyes at me. I give her puppy dog eyes and stick my bottom lip out pouting. She chuckles and grabs my face giving me a soft kiss. "Welcome home butthead"

"Butthead huh? I don't think I like that nickname much" I scrunch my face up in disgust.

"Too bad" She giggles sticking her tongue out at me. "Your mom called me and said they'll come by tomorrow for dinner" She explains walking away into the kitchen.

"Ok. Sooo... fun tonight?" I wiggle my eyebrows and wrap my arms around her.

"Do you really want fun? Or are you teasing?" She quirks an eyebrow at me grabbing hold of my face. "You look tired"

"Only a little bit! I'm fine!" I say right before I let out a yawn. "Damn it"

"How about you shower and we can cuddle. Then we can have fun another time?" She suggests kissing me softly.

I huff, "Fine" I roll my eyes and start upstairs.

"I love you!" She yells after me.

"I love you too"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next night I drive home from set with a pit in my stomach. I pull into the driveway and rest my forehead on my steering wheel. I'd go to the gym and clear my head but my mom and Ava are here. Why? Why now? I hear my phone ding but I just sit there quietly with my head still on the wheel.

Lizzie's POV:
I swear I heard a car pull up in the driveway. I sit on the couch with Y/n's mom and sister  chatting, waiting for her to come home. She should be home by now so I decide to text her.

Belle💕:
Hey my love are you almost home?

Babe?

Is that you in the driveway?

I groan setting my phone down on the table and standing up. "I'm gonna go check if Y/n's here"

"Ok sweetheart" Her mom smiles at me before I walk to the front door.

I walk outside and there I see Y/n's car in the driveway with her in it. I walk up to her window and tap on it lightly. She sits up quickly and looks over at me. I see her take a deep breathe then open her door. "What are you doing our here baby? Are you ok?" I check cupping her cheeks in my hands as she unbuckles her seat belt.

"Sorry belle, I'm ok just tired" She smiles wearily and turns off her car.

"Are you sure?? Why are you just sitting out here?" I ask as I frantically look her up and down while she climbs out of her car.

"Babe I'm fine! Calm down" She grabs onto my shoulders, softly pushing me backwards a few steps. She shuts the door and pulls me into a kiss, "Let's go inside and eat dinner with my family ok?"