Part 32

Lizzie's POV:

It's been a few days now and Y/n's been acting weird since she hung out with Tom. "Babe?" I say looking towards the stairs but there's no answer. I haven't seen her since breakfast, even then she was very quiet. I decide to go and find her, so I get off the couch and make my way upstairs. I walk up to my room hearing the shower running. "Oh that's why she didn't answer, she probably didn't hear me." I say to myself, walking to the bathroom door. "Babe? Are you ok in there?" I ask while I knock on the door but nothing. "Y/n?" I press my ear against the door still only hearing the shower. "I'm coming in!" I announce opening the door, luckily it was unlocked. "My love? You are in here right?" I walk over to the shower and pull the shower curtain back. There was Y/n sitting on the floor of the shower with her boot tied off with a trash bag, her knees were tucked to her chest and her head rested on her arms. "Oh my god babe! What's wrong? What happened!? Here get out of the shower."

"No.. just leave me here..." She shakes her head not looking up at me.

"I'm not leaving you here" I turn the shower water off and grab Y/n's arms. "Get up my love come on" I finally get her to stand up and help her out of the shower. I turn around grabbing her towel and turn back around wrapping it around her body. "Why won't you show me your face? Look at me baby"

"Fine..." She looks up at me with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Oh babe" I cup her cheeks in my hands and wipe her tears away with my thumbs. "What's wrong? You've been acting weird lately.. you can talk to me.."

"It's dumb..." She shakes her head grabbing onto my wrists.

"I don't care if it's dumb or not, it doesn't matter. You can tell me anything and everything my love" I smile bringing her to me and kissing her softly.

"Well the reason I'm crying now is because I hate this stupid fucking boot. While I was showering I lost my balance and fell.. and I couldn't get up because of this boot.. i couldn't get the right footing... so I just.. sat there and thought about how pathetic I am for not being able to even get up from the floor by myself..." She explains to me as more tears fall from her eyes breaking my heart.

"Hey don't say that. You're not pathetic! You are the farthest thing from pathetic babe. You'll always be the strong, confident, funny, beautiful woman I fell in love with" I smile now resting my forehead on hers. "This boot doesn't make you pathetic, it doesn't define you. Babe you walked away from a car accident with only a fractured hand and foot! That's amazing" I explain to her wiping the tears from her cheeks. "Granted you didn't wake for a few days but still" She lets out a small stifled chuckle shaking her head.

"Then why do I feel so pathetic? I feel like I can't do things for myself anymore... not that I don't love you taking care of me babe but I just don't want to be a burden." She lets go of my wrists as I lean forward stopping her by kissing her.

"Baby first of all you are not a burden! Second, did something happen while you were at Toms?" I query, "Because you've been weird ever since then and now this? What happened?"

"Nothing." She looks at the floor sadly. So I let go of her face quietly and cross my arms just staring at her. She notices my silence and looks up confused. I tilt my head to the side glaring at her. "Ok ok I'll tell you don't hurt me" She puts her hands up in defense making me chuckle. "I got embarrassed.. because we went out for a walk because he wanted fresh air. I didn't want to take my crutches so I had left them. Well when we were at the park I saw Florence walking by a little ways in front of us. She wasn't walking towards us so she didn't see me but... I grabbed Toms arm and tried turning around but... I tripped over my boot and fell.."

"Oh babe.." I reach back up grabbing her face as she continues tearfully.

"It's dumb, but I was so embarrassed. Tom tried helping me up but I told him a could do it myself.. and after 5 minutes of embarrassingly trying to get up I finally give up and let Tom help me up.." She finishes, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"So that's why you've been acting weird? You've been holding all this in?" I sigh as she nods silently. I wrap my arms around her waist pulling her towards me. "I love you, boot and all. I'm sorry you feel pathetic my love but I can assure you, you're not pathetic! Don't put yourself down ok? I don't like when you do that. You're amazing, not pathetic"

"Thank you.." she smiles grabbing my face, kissing me softly. "Look how the tables have turned. Usually I'm the one having to comfort you, now you're doing it for me"

"That's what so great about us, we comfort each other no matter what" I giggle as she wraps her arms around my neck smashing her lips onto mine.

"I love you, I have the most amazing girlfriend ever" She giggles pulling me back in for a kiss.

"I love you too but you're the amazing one. Now you should probably get some clothes on" I laugh letting go of her waist. "I have to make a call"

"But shower?" She sticks her bottom lip out pointing at the shower behind her.

"I gotta ask before I forget" I kiss her softly, "When I'm done we can go downstairs and cuddle on the couch ok? I promise"

"Ok fine" She huffs crossing her arms.

"I love you" I pull her towards my by her towel and kisses her again.

"I love you too. Now go make your phone call" She smiles kissing me back before I leave downstairs.

I grab my phone from the coffee table dialing Y/n's doctors number. "Hi this is Elizabeth, I'd like to make an appointment to check up on.. my fiancé Y/n Y/l/n's foot" I almost forgot I told them Y/n was my fiancé so I could go in the ambulance.

"Yes hello, when would you like to make this appointment for?"

"Is there any available times tomorrow?"

"Hm let me check" I wait for a few moments before she speaks again. "We have an opening for 3:00pm"

"That'll work! Thank you so much"

"No problem ma'am"

"See you tomorrow then"

"Bye"

I hang up and set my phone back down as Y/n comes down the stairs. "Hello my love, ready for cuddles?"

"Of course! I'm always ready for cuddles" She giggles happily, I lay down on the couch opening my arms to her. She hops on the couch and climbs on top of me nuzzling her face in my neck. I'm so in love with this girl.